X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BaylorBearSW
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2008

Froglube or Gunzilla

I'm almost out of just plain ol' rim oil but want something a little better so to say. I've narrowed down my search to froglube or gunzilla, and just curious if anyone here has used either and their opinions.
    "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
    -Sun Tzu
  • GangGreen712
    Gun nut
    • Mar 2008

I'd go with Fireclean. I used Froglube before and while it's pretty good overall, it gets really gummy after awhile. Like with Froglube, with Fireclean, you just remove all the lube on your gun till it's completely dry (detail strip if you can), put a small bit on any friction or part that could be subject to corrosion. A little bit goes a LONG way.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Comment

• Cannady
      Professional Dick
      • Apr 2009

All of my firearms have froglube on them. Never had an issue.

Comment

• CruiserClass
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2006

For what firearm?
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Mobil 1.....

Comment

• RSGSRT
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2005

I've used froglube now for a while and really like it.

I don't think you would go wrong with either.

Comment

• IAM Rand
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2009

Not sure there is going to be a big deal. When I was younger I had used WD40. Since then I use Casey's and Frog Lube. Can't say that I have ever had an issue with anything I have used as long as I maintain the firearm.
              Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

• Rocket1487
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2009

Miltech here. Love it. Hoppes for the cleaner. I like the smell don't judge me.

Comment

• ateamer
                  Salty Dog
                  • Aug 2000

I haven't found any difference in firearm performance betwen Breakfree, Slip 2000 EWL and Shell Rotella T6.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

• Resq14
                    RIP Seann1
                    • Oct 2002

Fireclean.
                    All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

• 5031OKC
                      CSI Sucks
                      • Jan 2009

Slip 2000 EWL for me. Honestly, as long as you are using a quality product I don't think it matters much.
                      Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

• Mrsaints75
                        Forum Member
                        • Apr 2009

Never heard of Gunzila until today. I use Froglub. I read up on it and gave it a shot. Plus, I can get it at my local range. No S&H fees. Yes, I can be cheep sometimes. Froglub cleans really well. I cut my cleaning time in half. It does gum up. I read that is suppose to to that. It acts like a protective shield or something like that. Once you start shooting it liquifies and makes the your weapon becomes lubed again. I would like to try fireclean. Once I am done with the FL I will try it.
                        "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

• WombatVengeance
                          Forum Member
                          • Feb 2013

From what I've seen there isn't a big difference between most lubricants. I used to use Hoppe's lube oil or Breakfree CLP and they worked fine to lubricate my Sig. I've known guys who just use high temperature engine oil and they never have any problems.

I recently switched to Mil-Comm TW25B because it was on sale and I wanted something that would last longer while the gun is idle. So far it's working well.

Comment

• BaylorBearSW
                            Forum Member
                            • Jul 2008

Thanks all for the suggestions. After trying to find either or and purchasing, I was unsuccessful because nobody carries them around here. I went with Safariland Break Free CLP because I trust Safariland and it was able to be purchased right there. I used it on my glock 22 last night, seems to have done a swell job. Also put a squirt on my handcuffs, in the "hinge", and found there was some underlying rust in there, but it came running out after they soaked for a little while, so that's good.
                            "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
                            -Sun Tzu

Comment

• SCSU74
                              Forum Member
                              • Feb 2010

Best thing I've used is Hilco lube wipes. They're kind of hard to find sometimes, but are great for cleaning pistols. For my glocks/m&p I can clean the whole gun with 1 wipe, a bore snake and some slip ewl. They had Hilco during the academy when we were shooting 3-400 rounds a day and I've been sold ever since.
                              In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17529 users online. 33 members and 17496 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...