Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty weapon

Post deleted
    Last edited by J2H; 10-31-2014, 01:59 PM. Reason: Post is not relevant anymore
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

M&p or glock will be your best cheapest options.

Comment

What do those normally run?
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

If you still have your mil ID you can get the first responder price for a glock. GT Distrubuters sells them for around 400. Or look into a police trade-in at budsgunshop.com.

Most of my handguns are "rescues" bought locally in private sales.
        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...lice+Trade+Ins

This is a pretty good deal:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/411554502
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

A Glock will def. be great for you! It will never let you down. Used it for years. I just switched over to a H&K P30L, but thats more expencive...

Comment

I had a military T/A ID that is now expired, but some local places here give my Security Company a police discount when showing the badge. I wanted to try local places but a lot I think have compacts.
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

Its tough to say, because "on the cheap side" means different things to different people. An actual dollar range might help narrow the field a bit, as well as knowing if you have a strong preference for striker fired vs external hammer.

Its not a compact, but for under $300 this deal is tough to beat: http://www.cdnnsports.com/walther-pp...l#.VE14TPlVOFJ

The PPX is the PPQ's budget oriented brother.

If you're willing to up it to $400-ish, there's a ton of police trade in pistols that come into your options, as well as the M&P Shield, which is tough to beat in the price range if you want a single stack.
                I miss you, Dave.
                http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Glock 23. Great for everything.
                  Originally posted by RSGSRT
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I don't need a compact, in fact, I would prefer a duty size... my price is probably up to 300-350.... I was looking at the Citadel 1911 9mm, Armscor M200 .38, and was on Bud's looking at police trade ins, they have one for like 250-300 with 3 mags (M&P .40)
                    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

One thing to consider is Glock and M&P have a large following, which means holsters will be easier and cheaper to find. Obviously there's more of a police trade in market for used guns and magazines as well.

I would not go with a cheap 1911. Your odds of getting one that won't run right are much higher than a polymer striker fired in the same price range. 1911s are great guns, but not in the $300 price range. I would also shy away from the Armscor Colt clones. The trigger is absolutely horrendous and for a duty gun, don't you want to at least have the option to add night sights at some point?

The M&P 40 trade in is something I didn't mention specifically because you said you were leaning toward a 9mm compact in the OP.

Palmetto State Armory has an FN for $359 if you buy it on their weekend special (coupon code FNS takes off $110 in the cart): http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-safety-66760/

...and FN makes a very nice pistol. It's well worth the money.
                      I miss you, Dave.
                      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

A Glock 41 would do well for you (have one, love it) but even on blue label pricing it's more than you're looking to spend.

Comment

The G23 still has a four inch barrel. I think its only called a compact because the barrel is only a half inch shorter than the 22. The G22 mags will even work in them.
                          I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I say the top picks would be Glock, Smith and Wesson, or Sig Sauer/SigArms.

From 2007 - 2009 I used a S&W 4006 .40... it was a paperweight, took a month and a half to fire the first round, but was reliable.
                            From 2009 - present I use a Glock 21SF, VERY reliable weapon and EASY to clean/maintain.

I personally own a Sig P6 and it's awesome, for a 9mm.
                            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                            that we are all that stands between
                            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

You will probably want a Glock or S&W M&P. I say that because while there are other guns in relatively common duty use, those two are the only ones you have a chance of actually finding for $350, with the added bonus that duty leather for them is easy to find as well.

At that budget, you are looking at a used gun, which should be fine.
                              Originally posted by Michigan
                              Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4556 users online. 284 members and 4272 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X