300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sight

I'm looking at procuring a CA compliant AR here in a couple of years. Any thoughts on a optic? I am familiar with the Aimpoint as that's what I had issued on my old M4. I have a Bushnell on my shotgun right now, but would prefer a higher quality optic for an AR.
    Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

I preordered an Aimpoint T2 through Larue with a absolute co-witness mount. All for the low low price of $800.

The aimpoint PRO can be had for $400 with lower 1/3 witness mount included. Even less if you keep an eye out for sales.

Comment

I have an eotech and love it. I highly recommend one.

Comment

Our AR-15 variants use EOTechs, our 556s use Aimpoint PROs.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

If you get an EOtech be sure to check you batteries weekly and reconfirm your zero every few months. A lot of our officers with EOtechs show up to quals with dead batteries and for some reason it's no longer zeroed.

With an Aimpoint you can just leave the reticle on all the time and change your battery out once a year. I just do it on my birthday so I don't forget.

Depending on your agency rules you might look at a 1-4/1-6 variable optic. As they have been gaining popularity prices have started to drop making them more affordable.

Comment

I don't work for an agency so no policies to abide by but the legalities for the rifle. Was looking for recommendations as I have heard good things about both the Aimpoint and the EOtech.
            Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

The above optics are very good. I just don't have the money at the time so I got me a Lucid HD-7. I really like it.

When I retire, I will want to shoot at longer distances so I will want a magnified optic. There are magnification optics for the HD-7, but I hopefully will be able to get my Trijicon ACOG. Watch HD-7 review below.
              http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KnlOC4Cf-2k

Comment

I have an Eotech on my 16" and an Aimpoint on my 20". Honestly, I don't have a strong preference for one over the other. They are both reliable, both are easy to use, and both stand up to the use a typical duty rifle will see. It boils down to which reticle you prefer and where you like your buttons more than anything else.
                I miss you, Dave.
                http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

The new Aimpoint ACO
                  http://soldiersystems.net/2014/10/19...carbine-optic/
                  "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                  -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

MSRP is $20 less than a PRO with a cheaper mount and "entry level" optic.

Comment

Aimpoint PRO if you are trying to not spend as much. Otherwise, the Aimpoint T2 would be my choice. I have a T1 on my rifle and love it.
                      Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3030 users online. 146 members and 2884 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X