300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off duty 9mm ammo?

Since I retired I’ve been using Federal Premium 9mm 147 grain HST HP, just curious what ammo other members who carry a 9 OD / retired use. Thx in advance

You cant go wrong with any type of Hornady Critical Duty/Defense JHP. I rarely carry a 9mm but when I do its loaded with either Speer Gold Dot 147gr JHP or Remington Golden Saber 147gr JHP. Most of the time its the Remington.

Comment

I have golddots loaded in my 9mm.

Comment

I roll with Winchester Ranger sxt 148 grain 9mm.

Comment

I wish I could get my hands on a large batch of the 147gr HSTs. They have been extremely hard to find as of late. I generally run the 124gr HSTs, which are much easier to find.

Comment

I got lucky and found a couple hundred rounds at my lgs. They know I use it for duty and will set some aside.

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo1342 View Post
              You cant go wrong with any type of Hornady Critical Duty/Defense JHP. I rarely carry a 9mm but when I do its loaded with either Speer Gold Dot 147gr JHP or Remington Golden Saber 147gr JHP. Most of the time its the Remington.
              I second this. I use critical defense, critical duty, or Speer gold dot.

Comment

I've been carrying a .45 off duty lately but if I carry a 9mm chances are it's my G19 with gold dot 115+P+. My sigs are loaded with HST 124+P.

For my duty gun (gen 4 G17) my agency issues the HST in 124gr standard pressure. Not thrilled about it.
                "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

Comment

I use standard pressure Speer Gold Dots 124 grain in my 9mm's.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

I am required to carry Gold Dots in all my authorized weapons. I also have a CCW so I can carry weapons not approved by my agency: IE Bond Derringer, etc. Its good as long as I don't take law enforcement action with a non-approved weapon.

So, in my LCR and M-36 .38 snubbies I use 130 gr Gold Dots, and in 9mm the short barrel gold dots.
                      Last edited by KenW.; 09-23-2014, 11:49 AM.
                      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post
                        Since I retired I’ve been using Federal Premium 9mm 147 grain HST HP, just curious what ammo other members who carry a 9 OD / retired use. Thx in advance
                        I use that on and off duty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I carry Speer Gold Dot in all my handguns! It's a great round!
                          Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
                            I am required to carry Gold Dots in all my authorized weapons. I also have a CCW so I can carry weapons not approved by my agency: IE Bond Derringer, etc. Its good as long as I don't take law enforcement action with a non-approved weapon.
                            As a sworn Lawman (and hopefully a sheepdog) what non law enforcement action can you take with a non approved weapon? I am guessing you are talking about handgun hunting.

Comment

I often drop a Bond Arms derringer in my pocket on ATV rides through the desert. I stay qualified on three sidearms, and own multiple others. With a ccw I can carry any of them for self defense and defense of others like any other citizen, and not have to shoot the agency course with them. My agency won't qualify anyone on 4" .357s, or two-shot derringers, etc.

Make sense?
                              I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5627 users online. 357 members and 5270 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X