Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Glock 17 vs glock 34 and Truglo TFO vs Trijon HD

I will be buying ( agency pays for it )new duty Glock
    and I am trying to decide between g17 and g34 and for sights Truglo TFO vs Trijon HD.

My current duty gun g17 has standard glock night sights.

I want upgraded sights for faster point shooting and good accuracy up to 15 yards.
    I dont know if g34 would slow me down significantly?
    Any advantages of g34 vs g17 for duty carry?

Any suggestions about Truglo TFO vs Trijon HD
    Last edited by LinasK; 09-21-2014, 07:01 PM.

I am not a glock guy so i cant suggest which one to get but i can suggest the hd night sights. They have been the best sights i have used on a handgun.

Comment

I'm also not a Glock guy but I can recommend sights. I can say, unequivocally, that the TFO sights are the best I've ever used. Bright during the day, equally bright at night. I guess seeing the previous comment, you couldn't go wrong with either dry of sights! Lol.

Comment

Are they faster( trijon hd) than truglo tfo? How good are they in daylight? Longer distances?

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
        I am not a glock guy so i cant suggest which one to get but i can suggest the hd night sights. They have been the best sights i have used on a handgun.
        Last edited by LinasK; 09-21-2014, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LinasK View Post
          Are faster than truglo tfo? How good are they in daylight? Longer distances?
          In the daylight the orange or yellow front really sticks out making a quick sight picture.

I have no problem with long range shooting but i dont really shoot any further than 25 yards.

Comment

Having shot with both sights across multiple platforms, I can tell you that I personally prefer the Truglo TFO. I like the trijon HD's, they are easy to pick up, especially with the yellow front dot. I find it much easier to acquire a target picture with the TFO's though. They are nice size dots that are easy to line up. They also excel in the day time.

As far as the guns, I have shot the 17 and like it a lot. The holster and accessory availability seems to be better for the 17 as well. I have never shot the 34 so I can not comment on how it operates.

Comment

I *really* like my Trijicon HD with orange dot. They are the perfect blend of speed and accuracy for me. I considered the TFO, but didn't like how much exposure the fiber optics had and it just looks like it would be less durable than the HD set up. Understanding that its anecdotal, google "trijicon HD broke" and "Truglo TFO broke". It seems like people who break their HD did so while installing it, not during use.
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I have had both on weapons without any signs of wear or "breaking". Its just like anything though, everyone has their own opinion. No matter what you read reviews on (if its a decent product), there are going to be people who praise it, or damn it due to "issues". I guess the only way to know is to try both if funds allow.

Comment

I prefer the Trijicon HDs or the equivalent from Ameriglo.

The TFOs are very bright, day or night, more so than any plain white and tritium sights, but I'm stupid and get confused when all three dots are identical. Something about a distinctive front sight dot, whether bigger or a different color than the rear sight dot(s) makes handguns point more naturally for me, and I find the sights align themselves with a proper front sight focus much more easily.
                  Originally posted by Michigan
                  Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

The bright rear dots on the TFOs create far too much of a distraction for me. The front sight is what matters. I much prefer a blacked out rear sight, like the Trijicon HDs.

Comment

Anybody used g34 for duty?

Comment

That my thought that bright rear dots would make target aquisition slower and would distract me from front sight

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                        The bright rear dots on the TFOs create far too much of a distraction for me. The front sight is what matters. I much prefer a blacked out rear sight, like the Trijicon HDs.

Comment

Would it help to have front sight diferent color than rear? Is it an option for truglo tfo?

That my thought that bright rear dots would make target aquisition slower and would distract me from front sight

Comment

Would it help to have front sight diferent color than rear? Is it an option for truglo tfo?
                            I have found that I shoot best with a blacked out rear sight and some sort of high contrast front sight. The orange Trijicon sticks out for me on any background from vegetation, snow, brick, etc. I also like the brass dot front sight, like this: http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...493-77571.aspx but of course you are giving up night sights for that.

With the rears blacked out, your brain doesn't have to decipher which is the front sight. It helps you guide the pistol onto target during the draw stroke and helps you settle it back down under recoil. I thought about trying the yellow front/green rear or some combination, but I haven't found any downside to the blacked out rear so I've never done so.
                            I miss you, Dave.
                            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I believe Truglo has TFO Brite Sights that have yellow rear and green front sight fiber optic pipes, but you still have the brightness issue. One possible alternative would be to get a plain black or plain tritium three-dot rear sight set that is the same height as the TFO rear sights, but that's only if you absolutely have to have the TFO front sight. Otherwise it's just a very complicated and more expensive method of doing what Ameriglo's I-Dot Pro or Trijicon's HD pretty much already do.

... but the TFO is pretty stinkin' bright, so a white-dot or black rear sight with a TFO front sight would be pretty cool. Some people have had issues with the fiber optic pipes falling out. I have not done this myself, but I suspect you could solve that issue by filling the empty space where the fiber optic pipe is inserted in the front sight with clear-dry super glue (be careful about any epoxies or adhesives that involve a solvent that could damage the fiber optic pipe). That would only minimally diminish the light transmission properties, I think, for a very large gain in the security of the sight against damage.
                              Originally posted by Michigan
                              Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5531 users online. 351 members and 5180 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X