300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M&P Sport 15

I have found one of these for a great price and am thinking of buying it. What do you all think about it? Is it a decent rifle?

This will be used for fun only. Plinking, screwing around, shooting steel ammo....

So is it worth getting one? The reviews online seem positive. I'm not expecting it to shoot like my colt.

I have one. Its a Smith and Wesson so it is a great quality. While I've never shot a Colt, its a great weapon.
    The lack of a dust cover isn't a big deal but there have been some times where the forward assist would come in handy after several hundred rounds of steel cased ammo.

I believe I picked mine up for about 600-ish, after taxes. Everything works like just like your average AR-15.
    Last edited by Crinkel; 08-23-2014, 07:19 PM. Reason: Changing purchase value

Comment

They're on buds gun shop in the mid $500 range.
      Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
        They're on buds gun shop in the mid $500 range.
        Thats the one im looking at.

I just want to make sure it will be mostly reliable and not a pos.

Comment

I have two, one got a new upper and is my duty rifle. Shot about 1000 rounds through it before the swap. Now the lower is waiting on an SBR stamp to get a short barrel on it. But the lower did start life as a sport.

Other one is still stock, use it for letting friends should. Great gun, love it and it has about 1500 rounds through it without a malfunction.

Comment

excellent gun for the money I will be getting one to train with rather then beating up my $2500 AR
            http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupersto...fle-(le-model)
            Last edited by AJLEO; 08-22-2014, 07:57 PM.

Comment

The M&P sport gets overlooked a lot by people who think that the dust cover and forward assist are "must have" items on an AR. In my 8years military service, I never once needed the FA on my trusty M16. And the dust cover? Yeah, it never really did anything to keep dust out of my weapon. Keep in mind this was a weapon that was used about as gently as a hooker in a Navy port on payday.

The Sport is a fine weapon and will do everything you want it to. And mid-$500 is a damn good price.

Comment

If it is one of the early versions with the 1/8 progressive twist 5R rifled barrels, pick it up now. The later Sports now ship with 1/9 twist barrels. They are still a bargain, but those melonited 5R barrels are capable of exceptional groups (with 75gr match ammo).

Comment

We will see how I like it. I just ordered one.

Comment

For fun they're ok, but m&p rifles as a whole are hit and miss. Our pool guns are m&p's and they're down for something more often then they're in the cars.
                    In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6697 users online. 358 members and 6339 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X