Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZombieMonkey
    replied
    First, check your headspace with go/no go gauges. I know many people skimp on this when building ARs, but really you should check this out. I know it may be working with the new ammo, but you shouldn't be having extraction issues like that with factory ammo. Something isn't in spec quite right and you may have a headspace issue or a really tightly cut chamber. If either are the case, I would suggest having the maker of the upper warrant the barrel and have the chamber recut.

Leave a comment:

• Abit2585
    replied
    Brand new everything put together by myself, and yes i took a lot of time to clean out the factory grease, polish the feed ramps etc. Since i've been shootin 7.62nato rounds i haven't had an issue so far.

Leave a comment:

• Douthitg
    replied
    Is it a new barrel? If so did you clean all the factroy greese and oil out of the chamber? I had an AR15 I put together that did that. It could also be that it is over gased and you may need an ajustable gas block.

Leave a comment:

• Abit2585
    replied
    Thanks for all your answers and suggestions, I finally got some 7.62nato ammo and haven't had a problem with it since. Shoots great.

Leave a comment:

• Reedo
    replied
    Gas and extractor problems could cause failures to extract. However, if you are consistently getting cases actually stuck/sticking in the chamber, you likely have a chamber that is out of spec. Gauge it and see if it meets specifications. If it's not in spec, send it back and get a replacement.

Leave a comment:

• Abit2585
    replied
    Thanks for your answer i will have to try the 7.62 nato and a combo of different things to see if i can get it work right.

Leave a comment:

• Che
    replied
    I had a 7.62 NATO too and it really prefers military spec ammunition. The .308 Winchester from Walmart will do, once, so do not plan on reloading the cases. A issue could be "headspacing". You need to try a "go / no go" gauge to see if it was really put together right.

Good luck and have fun.

Leave a comment:

• Abit2585
    replied
    I'm sorry i was incorrect about the what its chambered for. It says chambered for 7.62 nato but will shoot .308win or 7.62, all i have tried is the .308win cartridge so far should i try the 7.62nato and see if it works better?

Leave a comment:

• Abit2585
    replied
    Its chambered for .308 and i'm shooting federal ammo. I bought the upper already complete and milled an 80% lower. All the components where bought for me as a gift all i had to do was put it together. thanks for your answers. I'll try increasing the extractor spring and see if that helps.

Leave a comment:

• reils49
    replied
    Also could be a problem with your combination of parts; barrell length and recoil buffer for example. Just because gun parts fit together, doesnt mean they function together. Without breaking down the rifle myself, its hard to say. Just curious, if you're new to the AR, why are you building one?

Leave a comment:

• David Hineline
    replied
    Not knowing anything about your build. Did you build with a .308 Winchester chambered barrel rather than a NATO 7.62X51. If you did then shooting the military cartridge can explain the stuck cases.

Try another brand of ammo, and some 308 winchester ammo rather than military ball.

Increase the tension of the extractor spring.

Leave a comment:

• Abit2585
    started a topic Ar-10 problem

Ar-10 problem

Im new to the ar platform and have just recently finished building an armalite ar-10. Tried everything out make sure all the functions work like hey are supposed to prior to shooting and all was good. I took it out for a test fire and it fires the round and tries to load the next round but can't because the previous case it stuck in the chamber. After pulling pretty hard on the charging handle it will extract the case. Also had to tap one out with a cleaning rod. It does this every shot and I'm not sure what i have going on. I have only fired 4 rounds out of it and don't want to shoot any more till i figure out whats going on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3883 users online. 258 members and 3625 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X