300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighting in an AK-47

I should have explain this better, I am shooting this off sandbags, everytime I shoot, it'll be up high at 1 o'clock off the paper. I've been shooting in Castro Valley Gun Range, from 50 yards to 75 yards. For the sighting and everything else...I don't deal with it. My husband usually adjust the sights, so I wouldn't know, cause I don't know how to adjust the sights for up/down and left/right. I do not own a sight pusher.
    Last edited by Ythay ; 06-23-2014, 02:14 AM.

Given your complete lack of details, how are we supposed to know?

Are you shooting off sandbags are some sort of rest?
    Do you get on paper and then walk back off or do you never get on paper at all?
    What range are you shooting at?
    What's your rear elevation set to?
    Do you know how to adjust the sights for up/down and left/right?
    Do you own a sight pusher that will move the front sight without having to use a mallet?
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

It sounds like you need to take a basic firearms familiarization and safety class.

Comment

Basic AK-47. Load only 3 rounds and see if you keep the 3 close to gather at 25 yards. Then move the target out to 50 yards. See if you keep 3 rounds close together. If you do go back to 100 yards and repeat with 3 rounds.

My wife now can keep 30 rounds at 100 yards on a 8 inch steel plate. It is just sensible practice to get to that point.

Comment

Start at 25 yards, depending on the AK manufacturer you could have a slightly canted front sight. I have a cheapo AK and was lucky that I really didn't have to adjust it much all. Still I have a sigh tool. This one to be exact: http://www.magna-matic-defense.com/A...ol-p/akfst.htm

A bit pricey but does the job unlike some of the cheap "Tapco" style tools out there. You adjust elevation by turning the front sight post (can be done with needle nose pliers). Windage requires moving the plunger you see just under the sight post and that can take a lot of force.

But the key will be starting at 25 yards and going from there.

Comment

Thanks, I know my safety, lol I mean I can do the basic and all, I just don't know how to sight it on an AK-47. I fine with the rest, but for this one, I can't seem to manage it yet.

Comment

I understand that part, thank you, my only issue is that the sighting on an AK-47, I mean, I shoot perfectly fine with my AR-15 and my handguns, but everytime it come down to the AK-47 is different. The sight can be set on target but I think the sight is set wrong.

Comment

Thank you, I will look for that and try getting one just to see if that can fix the problem. It is about adjusting the sight and the AK manufacturer we got it from. They were pretty cheap. Will do next time, I haven't been lately because I'm busy with work and school.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4695 users online. 304 members and 4391 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X