300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock to M&P...

Well the dreaded day has come, I may have to switch to an M&P. I've only ever shot Glock's and Sig's, test fired a M&P 9 at the range once and hated the trigger. I'm used to the tactile reset of the Glock and found myself trying follow up shots with the M&P and the trigger wasn't reset. Anyone else make the transition? Any tips or thoughts? Appreciate the help in advance. FWIW I'm coming from a Gen 4 17 and going to a full size M&P 9 with magazine disconnect.
    In Valor there is hope

From what I have read about the M&P is that 2014 LE models are coming with a tactile rest on the trigger. This will follow the the rest of the M&Ps be the end of the year. Apex Tactical Solutions makes a L.E./ carry trigger kit you can put in the M&P. I have co work who owns an LE model. It has good rest. It is not a Glock reset, it is an S&W reset. I am really considering get an M&P. I shot them better then my Glocks. The reset on the M&Ps I have shot in the past had a bad reset or did not have one. I have tried the new LE model and I do not mind it. I would have to practice with it a lot if I get one. I would try getting an LE model if you can.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

Any idea if you can send in an older one to get the updated parts? The one I have has almost no reset...
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

I would call S&W and see if you can send it in to get the trigger bar and the updated parts put in or see if they cannot send them to you. Let them know you are L.E.
        "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

I used to carry a gen I or II Glock 22 and 27 back in the day. I had no problems switching to an M&P 40 full and compact. No sure why you would be getting the mag disconnect. LEO versions have where you can still shoot with no mag. I initially had a civilian model and asked the local Rep to change it. He had to clear it with the powers that be but, they did it for me because I was a LEO. The other big thing is that they want that disclaimer on the slide that it can still shoot with the mag. Everything is about liability.

The big thing I like about the M&P is that the full size mags will work in the compact without a hitch. I had issues with my 22 mags working in the 27. I would use the mag as part of the grip therefore canting the magazine forward and the rounds would hit the bottom of the feed ramp. Nothing like that with the Smiths.
          Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsaints75 View Post
            I would call S&W and see if you can send it in to get the trigger bar and the updated parts put in or see if they cannot send them to you. Let them know you are L.E.
            Have you heard about anyone successfully being able to do this? I wouldn't mind having my M&P upgraded.

Comment

I have not heard of anyone doing this, yet. I found out about the new upgrades a few months ago. I have heard of people have sent in there M&Ps to Smith for trigger jobs with Smith parts. It could hurt to call and ask.

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
                I used to carry a gen I or II Glock 22 and 27 back in the day. I had no problems switching to an M&P 40 full and compact. No sure why you would be getting the mag disconnect. LEO versions have where you can still shoot with no mag. I initially had a civilian model and asked the local Rep to change it. He had to clear it with the powers that be but, they did it for me because I was a LEO. The other big thing is that they want that disclaimer on the slide that it can still shoot with the mag. Everything is about liability.

The big thing I like about the M&P is that the full size mags will work in the compact without a hitch. I had issues with my 22 mags working in the 27. I would use the mag as part of the grip therefore canting the magazine forward and the rounds would hit the bottom of the feed ramp. Nothing like that with the Smiths.
                No clue, just one of the requirements I guess?
                In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsaints75 View Post
                  I have not heard of anyone doing this, yet. I found out about the new upgrades a few months ago. I have heard of people have sent in there M&Ps to Smith for trigger jobs with Smith parts. It could hurt to call and ask.
                  Do you know if you can just buy the parts? Can't be that hard to install
                  In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                    Do you know if you can just buy the parts? Can't be that hard to install
                    I don't know. I would assume they would sell he parts. It doesn't look that hard to install. If they can't, maybe look into Apex Tactical Solutions Duty/ carry trigger system. I hear it is pretty good system.

How old is your M&P? Do you have a M&P amorer on your department?

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

The upgraded OEM parts are better, but still not very impressive. The Apex kits are the only way to go on the M&P platform.

Details about the upgrade parts can be found here: http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...rels-sear.html

Comment

Changing out ANY parts (other than night sight inserts) is a major no go for duty pistols for us.....an Apex trigger group will get you burned at the stake WHEN it is found by the crime lab people after an OIS.

The stock MP trigger takes a lot of practice to get used to, esp. if you are coming from a weapon platform that has a VERY distinct reset to one that is very difficult to feel at all...
                        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                          Changing out ANY parts (other than night sight inserts) is a major no go for duty pistols for us.....an Apex trigger group will get you burned at the stake WHEN it is found by the crime lab people after an OIS.

The stock MP trigger takes a lot of practice to get used to, esp. if you are coming from a weapon platform that has a VERY distinct reset to one that is very difficult to feel at all...
                          Ya, I'm trying to stay away from aftermarket. I spoke with the M&P rep and apparently they just released a new "reset trigger." They should be rolling out soon, I think I'm just going to pick one of these up if I can find one.
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                            Ya, I'm trying to stay away from aftermarket. I spoke with the M&P rep and apparently they just released a new "reset trigger." They should be rolling out soon, I think I'm just going to pick one of these up if I can find one.
                            Interesting.....The trigger assembly is VERY easy to change out btw....you can do it in about 20 minutes with the correct tools.
                            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

My PD went to M&P's. I carried it for a couple of years because I'm a trainer and an armorer for them and wanted to know how they felt and operated. I now wear a Glock again... Our PD has had so many problems with the platform I don't even know where to begin. I don't know if we got a bad run or what, but I'm done with the platform for duty. I'm kept very busy fixing them though. Getting parts from S&W in bulk is a lesson in how not to serve your customers, it's a joke. I hope you have better luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4516 users online. 276 members and 4240 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X