300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye XDM; hello FNX!!!

I traded my XDM 3.8 40SW compact and fifty bucks for a new in the box FNX-40 from a dealer. The FN places the holes in the target where I want them. The FNX feels like a natural extension of my hand like my Kimber does.

For now at least, I'll still carry the XD9sc for detective duty, and make the XD45c my truck gun. But when I put on a uniform it'll be equipped with the FNX. My BUG will remain to be an LCR and off-duty gun a Chief's Special.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Uniformed deputies must carry .40SW or .45ACP. Detectives in plain clothes can carry a 9mm. I've had to wear my uniform three times in the last two 2eeks. That meant carrying a gun I barely qualified with.
    If you're going to suggest the FNX-45, don't. That thing is a monster size-wise. I'll go back to my Kimber 1911 first.
    Last edited by KenW.; 05-25-2014, 11:09 PM.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

What made you decide to get rid of uou xdm?

Comment

I shoot the FNX MUCH better.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I shot an FNX and found it accurate, but with a high bore axis that made it feel really flippy. The grip texture is fantastic for purchase, but on a long range day you may want to take some shooting gloves.

It was one of those guns I liked, but not enough to buy. That was true of the XDM, as well, though. No semi-auto I've rented or borrowed has felt better or been more accurate in my hands than my Sig.
          I miss you, Dave.
          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

The FNX is a modification of the FNP. The bore axis seems lower than the XD or XDM and I shoot it pretty well. I'll qual with it Wednesday morning. I wish I had a Sig M-11, and the $ to afford one.

Our issue gun is a G-22/23, but we have a great alternate weapon policy.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Sig has Individual Officer Pricing, although I don't think the M11 is on the list. A P226 with night sights and short reset trigger is $824.

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsC...%20-%20IOP.pdf
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Sig makes great pistols. Still a few hundred more than I have invested in the FNX.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Instead of the M-11, find a REAL used P228. the M-11 is really a modified 229. Other option is a 229 chambered in 9mm, same technically as the M-11 without the hype and "M-11" on the slide. Deals are out there. Just be patient and look.

My P228 is the last gun I'll ever get rid of.
                  "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

Comment

I chose the FNX, in part, because it is totally ambidextrous. My son is wrong handed.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                      Sig has Individual Officer Pricing, although I don't think the M11 is on the list. A P226 with night sights and short reset trigger is $824.

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsC...%20-%20IOP.pdf
                      GREAT program. Just got my P227 with it.

Comment

The choice was made, the money spent, and I qual with it in the morning. I REALLY like it. Nuf said.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I've been in investigations for 7 years, and got this in anticitpation of eventual reassignment. I carry a XD9 subcompact right now for plain clothes work. Maybe my next will be a FN 9mm. I am very comfortable with a 9mm, even though my agency only issues 40 and 45. On rare occasions there may be some 9mm in the armory.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

1401370411654.jpg1401373867792.jpg

We didn't get the chance to run a pistol qual yesterday. Shotgun all morning. So here's a target from Saturday's shooting the of the FNX for the first time.

the hits in the right and upper chest areas are from 25 yds double action only. The head shots are at ten, and the body between 5 and ten.

The round target is ten yards slow fire. It'll get better with a little work. Couldn't shoot the XDM that well.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4409 users online. 257 members and 4152 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X