300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifle Guys, FFL's, Gun Guru's HELP!

I am looking at buying this, but prices seems a high to me. Anyone have an idea of value???

See pictures and posting below.

LaRue Costa Edition

This is a very limited edition gun and highly sought after.

Has Surefire Muzzle brake, geissele Super 3 Gun flat Super Dynamic trigger, Surefire Mini Scout with LaRue QD mount, Battle Arms Cerakoted Bad *** Ambi safety, KNS Cerakoted STS trigger pin set, Tactical link one point sling swivel QD socket. Magpul rubberized grip. NiB coated bolt carrier assembly. This weapon has a test target of .4 inches. That's excellent for any AR but especially a 14.5 inch gun.

Looking for $4,700 cash.
    Attached Files

http://www.laruetactical.com/costa-edition

LaRue Tactical Costa-Edition 5.56 Rifle $2,895
    Limited numbers 001-125 (SOLD OUT)
    Limited numbers 126-250 (SOLD OUT)
    Limited numbers 251-375 (SOLD OUT)
    Limited numbers 376-500 (RELEASE DATE TBD)

Comment

You could build yourself two very nice rifles with that money instead.

As long as you utilize good barrels, bolts, and triggers, the rest is hard to mess up.

Comment

XD, will all of that 'go faster' stuff make you a better shot? Are you fast and accurate enough NOW to benefit from all of that sizzle they are selling?
        How about:
        $1,200 for the gun, sights, light, sling.
        $2,000 for ammo
        $1,000 for high quality training

oh yes, and $500 for a party - I'll be expecting an invitation, of course.
        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
        John Stuart Mill

Comment

Just don't be the guy that shows up to the range with a super duper whiz-bang 1911 you bought for 3k and then get out shot by the 15 year old next to you shooting his dad's glock 19.

Comment

I was looking at those one the first and second run. Then I thought to myself, "i probably could get a rifle that can do the same thing. AND have the things I want on it."

Bought me a Daniel Defense DDm4v5 for $1500. Money saved bought an Eotech, magpul backup sights, sling and ammo. love that thing.

Comment

The LaRue Costa is probably a great rifle that shoots very well. It is also RADICALLY overpriced. I don't understand charging extra because some tactical expert's name is on a rifle that features "upgrades" that really aren't that special and you are paying a roughly triple price upcharge for.

If you want a high end rifle go buy a Primary Weapons Systems rifle for about 2K and spend the rest on an optic, light, and ammo.
              Last edited by 5031OKC; 06-02-2014, 04:15 PM.
              Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

No way I'd pay that much for a duty rifle.

Comment

well for the guys who say build one I am always hesitant on this approach. I am quite knowledgeable about various types of firearms but when adding many components together leaves room for error. It doesn't take someone who read a few articles, watch a YouTube video, has shot an AR a bunch to build a proper AR it takes a true armorer and even at that point it is not proven. Keep in mind the safety of yourself, you're family and public may at one time rely on the function of this gun. I don't know if you are an expert AR builder but with my knowledge and experience I am not. If you are willing to spend that kind of money take a look at this http://www.shopnoveske.com/collectio...-rsr-exclusive

Comment

I want to know how much this Costa version AR is superior or better than other models out there. .4 inch accuracy at what distance? I've owned and seen other ARs at fraction of cost of this Costa version that shot much better than .4 inch at 100+ yard.

Heck, if you have cash laying around to buy something like this for an investment purpose, I'd say go for it, but for a patrol rifle, I think this is just another marketing thing.

Comment

Originally posted by AJLEO View Post
                      well for the guys who say build one I am always hesitant on this approach. I am quite knowledgeable about various types of firearms but when adding many components together leaves room for error. It doesn't take someone who read a few articles, watch a YouTube video, has shot an AR a bunch to build a proper AR it takes a true armorer and even at that point it is not proven. Keep in mind the safety of yourself, you're family and public may at one time rely on the function of this gun. I don't know if you are an expert AR builder but with my knowledge and experience I am not. If you are willing to spend that kind of money take a look at this http://www.shopnoveske.com/collectio...-rsr-exclusive
                      That is what everyone thinks... until they build one. It takes some skill to build an AK. It takes nothing more than a vice, something to hold the upper in the vice (I'd recommend http://geissele.com/reaction-rod.html), some anti-seize compound, a punch, an armorers wrench, and a torque wrench to properly assemble an AR.

The design is inherently forgiving enough that the rifles will still function reliably when they are sloppily thrown together. The mil spec range on the barrel nut torque wide open (30-80 ft-lbs), and the gas keys will still function when misaligned up to an 1/8 of an inch. Just take it slowly, and watch ol' Larry Potterfield's videos as you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcko0UlvQxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W8Rh5YrWYA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5625 users online. 367 members and 5258 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X