300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sapper324 View Post
    Anybody checked out one of these? P320, sigs response to the M&P, XD, Glock, etc.
    http://www.janes.com/article/32458/s...-pistol-family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs4Cz5pzjKM

In the video it looks like the pistol malfunctions (no lock back) at 1:30. Ha, not a great promo video....

Going for about $650 on gunbroker.

Another video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DFOmKQxliU

I'll seriously look into these once they are out for a bit longer and had some solid reviews.
    I just got a P320 at the gun show last weekend. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet I will report back when I have done so but so far from dry practice I can say that the trigger is sweet, the ergos are nice and it is lighter than my P226.
    duqjeep2010
    Forum Member
    Last edited by duqjeep2010; 05-03-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
      I just got a P320 at the gun show last weekend. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet I will report back when I have done so but so far from dry practice I can say that the trigger is sweet, the ergos are nice and it is lighter than my P226.
      Excellent.

Comment

So I did a write up over at SigTalk comparing my P229 and P320

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols...mpairason.html

Comment

I went through the academy with Sig P226 DAK in 9mm and it served me very well for the past 5 years. This same gun has gone through several training events with high round counts and not one single issue with it. I have various models from Sig Sauer and luckily, none of them have given me any issues. Now, downside to Sig is that it is heavy (but due to its weight, definitely less felt recoil compared to polymer based guns), expensive and you can't rip the magazine out as the floor plate is very thin and flush to the mag well. Magazines are expensive compared to Glock's and can dent floor plates and magazine lips if you drop them enough times. I still love Sigs, but for the practical reasons, I have transitioned back to Glock products.

Comment

Antiquated or not, the gun still works and a lot of guys love them. There are very few guns that have been around that long and are still regularly used by LE.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
            -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

I find some LE 'instructors' are "Charlie one note" - they like only one make of gun, and only one style of shooting. Some only want to issue only one make of ammo! Around here, there is one guy who only wants folks to carry a Glock - he is not as bad as some, whom I have actually heard say "If YOU don't carry a Glock, you will die!"
              Same guy will not even show folks the 'Weaver' stance - it's his way or nothing.

Oddly, not all of us are built the same. For example, Glocks, even the GEN4, don't 'fit' my hand. And I carried a SIG 220 for several years in plain clothes when I was on the job. I like the SIGs - the 220 is my bedside gun, and I sometimes carry my 228. Neither gun has ever had a malf - the 220 even feeds empty brass!
              "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
              John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
                I find some LE 'instructors' are "Charlie one note" - they like only one make of gun, and only one style of shooting. Some only want to issue only one make of ammo!
                I can appreciate your take on this and am inclined to agree. I have been a firearms instructor for 12 years and rifle instructor for five. I always have law enforcement as well as civilian shooters approach me and ask what kind of handgun should I buy / shoot / carry, etc.

I always tell them to try several makes and models to find which one fits their hand and suits their needs overall. I generally steer them away from junk and point out that their life may well depend on their choice.

I own Glocks, KelTecs, Kimbers a Sig, a Walther, a Springfield Armory and an old Makarov. I chose to carry the Glock as my duty weapon because it is dependable and idiot-proof. My best shooting is generally with one of my 1911s, but they aren't nearly as practical. If the Glock went sliding down the pavement and got a little skinned up, I'd dust it off and get back in the game. If my favorite Kimber was damaged, I'd be really upset.

As for only issuing one type of ammunition, that practice has pros and cons. If it is done due to budget considerations (low-bidder), I would disagree with that practice. If the department is issuing Speer, Remington or Winchester rounds for duty carry, I couldn't agree more.

I've known people who wanted to load their own and make it 'just a little hotter'; IMHO, that is not acceptable. The name-brand stuff may not always be superior, but it is generally consistent.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

slamdunc, please do not misunderstand - if the department only issues and requires brand X gun or ammo, thems the rules. I am talking about the instructor who, when a choice of guns is on the list, pressures the troops to ONLY carry his preferred brand.
                  In the same vein, I was referring to the instructor who pushes brand K ammo, when all the major (and most of the minor) makers all meet the FBI protocol, meaning there is no significant difference in performance between them.

And I told my students (when our policy allowed different makes of guns),"pick one of the authorized calibers, then go to the biggest gun shop you can find. Have them let you handle every gun (by a listed 'name' maker) in that caliber. Ideally, rent and shoot one. But the one that fits you best is the one to buy."
                  "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                  John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
                    Oddly, not all of us are built the same. For example, Glocks, even the GEN4, don't 'fit' my hand. And I carried a SIG 220 for several years in plain clothes when I was on the job.
                    Other than I'm still on the job, this post exactly describes my experience as well, right down to the P220. Other than changing the sights, mine is still in stock configuration and feels like an extension of my hand.
                    I miss you, Dave.
                    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5330 users online. 296 members and 5034 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X