300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 42 on order! Anybody have one?

I have a Glock 42 Single stack .380 ordered for $318. Supposed to get it in September. Dealer says they get 5 a month and theirs was the shortest wait list I have found. I sure do wish they made the same gun in 9mm though. Maybe next year.....

Next purchase will be a model 41

Anyone else get one yet?

Waiting just like you...

Comment

I will get one in next couple of months. I've seen two at different locations, and both of those locations were crazy high. $649 and $599 were way too much, especially when I knew I could get one at GT Distributors in Austin for $318.

Comment

Originally posted by ftttu View Post
        I will get one in next couple of months. I've seen two at different locations, and both of those locations were crazy high. $649 and $599 were way too much, especially when I knew I could get one at GT Distributors in Austin for $318.
        Or in Dallas!
        Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

After seeing four videos and almost a hundred posts on different forums about its problems and failures, I don't want one. I expected more from a Glock.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop203 View Post
            After seeing four videos and almost a hundred posts on different forums about its problems and failures, I don't want one. I expected more from a Glock.
            What are the issues you speak of? I haven't heard or seen any as of yet, but I'm curious if there are some.

Comment

I played with one at a LGS because they insisted I do so. Its like someone left a Glock in they dryer too long. It seems smaller than the Shield, and I suppose it would be a fine ankle gun for those who like Glocks. When presenting it, my natural aim was way high. Its not for me.
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Several friends and co-workers have them already. Several more have them on backorder. Mine is supposed to be here by the end of February, but we shall see.... I waited about 2 days too long to order. The place that had a bunch sold out really fast as soon as word spread that they had them.

Ive only heard of one issue. The gun would eject the spent round but not grab a new one from the mag and load it. Glock recommeded locking the slide back for a day or so. No issues since. Apparemtly the first batch of springs may have been a bit stiff.......

Comment

oops..........

Comment

Got mine today. It came in last week but I was out of town. It should be a nice replacement for my LCP. Cant beat it for $319. Although I like glocks, unlike alot of others.

Comment

I want my $318 price but not the wait. I left my card with a local store for when one comes in a couple of days ago. I am willing to pay around $100 more for one sooner and one I don't have to have shipped. If I have time tomorrow, I will call GT Distributors to see what their order time is again just in case Glock is finally pumping them out.

Comment

Originally posted by ftttu View Post
                        I want my $318 price but not the wait. I left my card with a local store for when one comes in a couple of days ago. I am willing to pay around $100 more for one sooner and one I don't have to have shipped. If I have time tomorrow, I will call GT Distributors to see what their order time is again just in case Glock is finally pumping them out.
                        I ordered my G41 through GT and they had 260 orders before mine but they had it in within two weeks.
                        Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

I am certainly not regretting my decision to pick up a G42. It is noticeably smaller than the XDS and Shield, but certainly larger than the LCP and P380\CW380. Yes, it's a .380, but its limited recoil is extremely easy to control. I am able to put 7 rounds in the A zone from 10-15 yards in almost half the time it takes me to do the same with the LCP. I haven't shot a Shield extensively (or on a timer), but I've shot one enough to know that I'm noticeably faster with the G42.

If the Shield didn't have a manual safety, I'd buy one of those also.

Comment

Our LE distributor (lawmen supply) has them in stock.
                            Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

got one. no issues, runs great!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2575 users online. 139 members and 2436 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X