300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimson Trace Lasergrip

I have a glock 30 and springfield xd 9mm, both sub-compact but I tend to carry the springfield if/when I do carry. I was thinking about buying a lasergrip for the springfield (mostly to have a little more fun at the range) but have a couple questions.

1) Is it worth it?
    2) Will it interfere with my IWB holster?
    3) If so, would an internal guide laser sight be the way to go?
    Last edited by NextGenOfc; 08-15-2013, 02:55 PM.

It will depend on the holster. I dont carry IWB, so I dont have interference problems with my rig, but everybody has a different setup. You could take the holster to one of the stores that sells the CT grips. They usually have a blue gun with the grip on it. try to insert the blue gun into your holster and see how it goes. the blue guns I have seen have been Glocks. No experience on the XD for this question.

Comment

Yeah I know what you're talking about with the blue guns. I may go down to the store and see if I can put one on my gun and try to put it into my holster.

Comment

I just don't know if I should get that or the laser guide that's built into the spring

Comment

Please don't get a laser guiderod if you plan on carrying the gun anywhere besides the range. They are shotty at best.
          In Valor there is hope

Comment

I've had quite experience with Crimson Trace products and they do produce great quality products and well worth it.

Many holsters do work with Crimson Trace grips, but many don't. and this is the weakest point of this system. If you are using IWB holster made by Blade Tech (and you are a right handed), most likely this will not work for you. However, if you are a left handed shooter, it may work with the holster set up. What I like about it VS guide rod system is that it is instantly activated as soon as the user grips the gun and no switch to turn on or off. Guide Rod system requires you to turn it on manually, which could be a great disadvantage in certain situations.

Comment

Forget a laser. Buy a nice light and\or some ammo.

Comment

I have tried pistols with Crimson Trace grips and the biggest issue I saw with them is when you are properly indexing your trigger finger, your finger covers the laser so you can't see it on the target. Since keeping your finger on the trigger while doing anything but firing is a HUGE no no it defeats the purpose of the sight.

Just an observation to keep in mind. On a side note, I have always been faster to land rounds using good old iron sights.

Comment

I had lasergrips on a Colt Defender. Kept forgeting about them and never actuated the laser. Preferred open sights much more. The laser can foster poor habits and one may grow dependant on them.
                  I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I have the DSG Alpha holster for both my glock and XD. I thought a laser/laser grip would be something new to try and practice with. But it seems like if I did get a laser, the laser grip would be a better choice simply because of its mere activation when the gun is gripped.

I have night sights and a tac light on my glock so I felt like the XD was getting left out .. We'll see I guess.

Comment

Spend the money allotted for the wizbang laser on ammo and training time.....lasers make you SLOWER in combat shooting unless you are also training to pick up a flash sight picture instead of the red dot....which you can barely see in daylight anyway.....and which leads RIGHT back to you in darkness and smoke/dust ect.
                      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
                        The laser can foster poor habits and one may grow dependant on them.
                        Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                        Forget a laser. Buy a nice light and\or some ammo.
                        Originally posted by XD4ME View Post
                        On a side note, I have always been faster to land rounds using good old iron sights.
                        Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                        Spend the money allotted for the wizbang laser on ammo and training time.....lasers make you SLOWER in combat shooting
                        Originally posted by TheTick
                        I had one from Lasermax on my Glock 27 and a piece of the plastic broke off while firing (thankfully at the range) and rendered the weapon a paperweight as the recoil spring became nonfunctioning. I never trusted my life to it again and immediately removed it.
                        Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                        Please don't get a laser guiderod if you plan on carrying the gun anywhere besides the range. They are shotty at best.
                        Anything that has wheels, boobs or batteries will cause you problems and cannot be counted on to do what it was designed to do when it counts.

Instead of investing in a laser, spend the money on a good range coach. The laser is really good to intimidate someone psychologically, but your degree of accuracy comes down to you.

Last edited by slamdunc; 08-17-2013, 07:08 AM.
                        “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Points all taken. I suppose I'll buy some brass!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4092 users online. 244 members and 3848 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X