300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, this or that...

If you had one choice of .45, which one and why.

Springfield 1911

or

Sig P220

Thanks

I would go with the Springfield 1911. I've heard very good things about the Sigs, but I haven't had any experience with them. However, I HAVE had experience with a variety of 1911s, including the Springfield. All of that 1911 experience has been good, so that is what I would pick.
    'If the grass is greener on the other side, water your OWN lawn.'

Comment

Both are very reliable weapons and a tough choice. I would chose the 1911. I have a Colt Combat Elite and it is one of the sweetest shooting guns I have ever fired. It takes a practice to get used to a 1911 style weapon because it is different in function than most auto pistols (ie single action only, grip safety etc). Both have the same magazine capacity so nothing gained or lost there.

Comment

I would choose the 1911 .45 due to the fact that it is the only semi-auto weapon that you can jam into someones solarplexis and still go off without a doubt. Of course you have to buy the bushing for the front but very worth it. I have heard so many stories through the grapevine of people throwing their weapons b/c they thought it was malfunctioning while wrestling with someone. On semi-autos if the slide is a fraction of a millimeter back it will not discharge. Try it with any empty weapon and you will see.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Comment

Another vote for the 1911, in spite of owning and carrying a SIG 220 on duty. I prefer the 1911 controls, although the SIG is a fine 2nd choice.
          "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
          John Stuart Mill

Comment

The Springfield 1911 FITS my hand MUCH better than the current Americanized SIG P220. However, the European P220 is another story....
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
            -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I also like the Springfield 1911.
              "You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."
              - James Allen

Comment

I carry a P220, have for about 8 years now - it was the only weapon that I found that would fit my hand comfortably, very accurate and was double-action (at least for the first shot) that is required by most departments around here. That being said, I carried the 1911 (colt) when I was an MP - and even though it was an issued and older then dirt - I liked it alot.
                go ahead and run...my k-9 partner loves the exercise

Comment

Just as an additional point of interest, I fired a SW1911 at the Smith & Wesson Academy last year, and was Very Impressed. Check one out if you get a chance.
                  'If the grass is greener on the other side, water your OWN lawn.'

Comment

You are fortunate to be deciding between two fine weapons. Most of us (what 50-60%) are issued Glocks, the modern day S&W model 10. I'd go with the Springfield by a slight margin due to the trigger and controls. I have a Springfield Micro Mil-Spec that is one my untouchables, no sale no trade not ever!
                    Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2725 users online. 143 members and 2582 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X