Where has all the ammo gone?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where has all the ammo gone?!?

I know this is nothing new (I'm sure someone has brought this up before), but where are people getting practices ammo? (My dept does not provide us any).

I was at Cabela's yesterday and the shelves where totally empty with the exception of odd calibers no one wants.

PS, I'm looking for 9MM.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
    ― Edmund Burke

Our pd provides 100 rds a month. In addition I buy my own from red river ammo. Lead time is high now, but not terrible
    In Valor there is hope

Comment

Red River won't ship to Illinois...I don't blame them!
      “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
      ― Edmund Burke

Comment

Try going to your local ma and pa shop like a true value. People don't think to go there. I have a nice stock pile but get some when it comes in at the local true value or ace hardware.

Comment

FTRthnU, I wish! I live in ****cago, Illinois. I'd have to go pretty far to find a Ma and Pa anything let alone one who sells ammo.

I'm seriously thinking of making trip to Wisconsin or Indiana.
          ― Edmund Burke

Comment

It would appear I am not allowed to use the common vernacular for feces.
            Last edited by djs105; 03-12-2013, 11:30 AM.
            ― Edmund Burke

Comment

I`m down to 15 .40 caliber shells,can`t find any ammo any where,guess I need to dig out my slingshot,I have quite a few ball bearings put up,maybe keep one round in my pocket for emergencies. Obumma is the one to thank for all of this

Comment

Y'all could just start reloading, ya know!
                Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                  I buy my own from red river ammo. Lead time is high now, but not terrible
                  The depot near Texarkana? I used to live around TK. How do you go about ordering it from them? I started stocking up a long time ago, but I'm perpetually shopping for ammo.

Comment

Heck, The Sportsman's Guide had Remington Golden Sabers in stock very recently. I bought a dozen boxes of assorted calibers: .45 ACP, .40 S&W, 9mm. The company said a PD had ordered it and didn't purchase once delivery was an option. I've bought A LOT of bulk ammo there. If you search for discount codes on retailmenot.com you can usually find enough of a discount to cover shipping costs. I literally shop every other day for ammo so I've found some goodies even since December.

Comment

Originally posted by djs105 View Post
                      FTRthnU, I wish! I live in ****cago, Illinois. I'd have to go pretty far to find a Ma and Pa anything let alone one who sells ammo.

I'm seriously thinking of making trip to Wisconsin or Indiana.
                      I know it's been a couple weeks since you posted, but believe me, Indiana is no-go from what I have seen. You'll have to go past Lake Co and get way off the highways. We IL suckers have picked the more accessible places clean.

Comment

For the last five or so years, I have been hearing left and right that I should stick with 9mm or .40 S&W or .45 ACP because these calibers are common, and I'll be able to find them anywhere.

The current shortage has taught me that was bad advice, and I should buy guns in oddball calibers because nobody else will be buying that box of .45 GAP or .41 Magnum, whereas all the people who got the same bad advice I did will be fighting in the streets over the last box of 9mm.

EDIT: My wife has found my new gun-buying philosophy unconvincing.
                        Originally posted by Michigan
                        Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

Check LuckyGunner.com they had a large selection and quick shipping last I checked. Their inventory is real time, so if it is on the website it is available...

Comment

http://gun-deals.com/ammo

http://www.ammoengine.com/

Comment

thanks!

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9308 users online. 283 members and 9025 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X