300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see double when I aim down the sights

What can I do? Training programs? Anything?

Get an eye exam.

Comment

Check your eye dominance. That could be the issue. Either that or stop smoking the Kronik
      Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Had lasic 3 months before starting the academy. I have 20/15 and my eyes are fine.

Comment

You do know you are suppose to close one eye when you aim right?

Comment

Academy is teaching keep both eyes open

Comment

Originally posted by pfcdennisc View Post
              Problem solved. Close one eye

Comment

Comment

Are you squinting?
                  If so, you are putting pressure on your eye and change a little bit the shape of it, that may cause astigmatism. Does it happen also if the targets are very bright, or only if they are not well lighted?

You also know that after Lasik, you are more susceptible to night time halos for the same reason.

Comment

I am not squinting; I’m trying to keep them both completely open. It is happening on both far and near, day and night targets. I have enlarged pupils so I’m use to the halos at night.

Comment

Originally posted by jb2257
                      Very few people are able to teach themselves to shoot with both eyes open. I have gone through some of the most extensive entry level handgun training that exists in the federal government, and I am not able to keep both eyes open. The closest I can come is to squint heavily in one eye (I suggest you give this a try and see how it works for you). For your academy to expect every new boot to be able to shoot with both eyes open accurately is extremely unrealistic.
                      I will try this, I was just hoping the was a way to trick my brain or re-teach it. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Use the CAR technique and one eye won't even be able to see the sights.

Comment

Originally posted by pfcdennisc View Post
                          And I am teaching you that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                            Double of the target or double of your sights?

I combat shoot (CQB) with both eyes open. ***IF*** I look at the sights with both eyes open, I only look at the front sight. Looking at only the front sight should avoid double vision of the sights.

Do they teach you to shoot with both eyes open even when you're at the 25 yard line or have time to really line up your shot?
                            I see double sights and the target is just a bit blurry. They are telling us to shoot with both eyes open under all courses of fire so far, but some guys do close one eye to get a better score or group.

Comment

The problem is related to the stereoscopic nature of vision which provides depth perception. It helps us judge distance. But you don't always require that both of your eyes simultaneously operate at a single focal length or depth of field. You have 2 eyes so your vision is bicameral. Seeing double comes from paying attention to the input to each eye separately. You can train your eyes to operate at different focal lengths and depths of field. For example, you can watch a TV that's 20' away with 1 eye while reading a newspaper that's 2' away with the other eye. You can also teach yourself to disregard for aiming purposes the focal length of the vision of the non-aiming eye. One shortcut for learning to do that is to practice using a microscope with both of your eyes open. You should also recognize that the vision of your aiming eye is attending to 3 focal lengths: rear sight (should be slightly blurry but still precise), front sight (should be sharp and perfectly aligned with rear sight with due account for wind, distance, and slope) and finally target (should be to some extent obscured by sight picture).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5313 users online. 287 members and 5026 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X