Bidgunner: Anyone try it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidgunner: Anyone try it?

I'll admit that I did, even though I hate paying for the bids. After watching it for a while, I saw a bit of a pattern, picked a gun I'd like to have, bought some bids, and set the wheels in motion. Glad I did. I won a NIB Sig Compact Nitron 1911 worth over $850 for $4.24.

What a deal. And I have a lot of leftover bids to try on something else.

Last edited by fishAK; 09-28-2012, 03:29 AM.
    "All that is, ever
    Ever was, will be, ever
    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
    I'll admit that I did, even though I hate paying for the bids. After watching it for a while, I saw a bit of a pattern, picked a gun I'd like to have, bought some bids, and set the wheels in motion. Glad I did. I won a NIB Sig Compact Nitron 1911 worth over $850 for $4.24.

What a deal. And I have a lot of leftover bids to try on something else.

How much did you spend in bids?
    Making the streets safer, one donut at a time

Comment

I won a NIB Sig Compact Nitron 1911 worth over $850 for $4.24.
      A stowaway decimal point snuck in there, right?

The gunrunners would be falling all over deals like that. Hell, even I could afford to upgrade at that price, but I probably couldn't afford to be buying ammo for another caliber. (Unless I got a case of the 1911's and made an obscene profit on 'em.)

Okay, I'm done bustin' on ya.
      --
      Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Yep, really four dollars and twenty-four cents. That's the cost of the gun. I bought a 500 bid pack at $325. $10 shipping fee. $25 FFL transfer fee. Add all of that in, and I still got an $850 gun for $375ish.

And I only used 22 of my 500 bids, so I can still win other auctions without needing to invest further. Either way, I saved $500. Admittedly got lucky, though.
        Last edited by fishAK; 09-28-2012, 10:40 AM.
        "All that is, ever
        Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

I'll be surprised if the seller actually ships it, instead of just killing that sales account, and then opening another. Update this thread if it actually arrives, but this site looks awfully fishy to me.

Comment

Its from buds guns so i would think they would ship the gun.
            Making the streets safer, one donut at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
              Its from buds guns so i would think they would ship the gun.
              Yeah, it's from Bud's, so I'm guessing it's the real deal. If you do the math, they actually make a killing on these penny auctions. Yeah, the guns sell cheap, but they make money on selling the bids. A few days ago, they sold an AR for around $100. Nothing super special, typical $1,000 range AR. Now, to get to $100 worth of bids at one penny increments is a lot of bids. 10,000 to be exact. At $0.65/bid, that's $6500 they took in. Even subtracting their cost of the gun they made a TON of profit.

An $850 gun that sells for $4.24 they're going to lose money, but they more than make up for it on other items. Once you figure a bidding pattern out and can be successful, both sides benefit. Or you just get lucky, or a little of both like I did. There are definite days where things sell for cheaper. Like, any day not on a weekend, for instance. I noticed right away the winning bids about quadrupled on Fridays and Saturdays. There are also certain types of things that generate much more interest than others. Revolvers have little interest generally, so if they come up you have a pretty good chance at getting a great deal.

They also have a limit to how many you can win per month, to dissuade dealers.

Anyway, I'm not telling everyone to go out and do it, just excited that I took the chance and was successful. Now I have to call and see if I can trade it for a different gun that I'd rather have and pay the difference....
              "All that is, ever
              Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Won a Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag for $2.22 last night.

Anyone order with Bud's before? How long does it take to ship? I'll post pics if/when they show up. If this is the real deal, I'm ahead about $900 after all the fees/shipping/bids are subtracted from the total value of the guns.
                "All that is, ever
                Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

I've picked up a quite a few firearms from them. They usually hit my FFL dealer (in Georgia) within 4 days. Once you've confirmed these items have actually arrived, I suppose I'm going to be purchasing some of these bids.

Comment

Yeah, I think I'm the guinea pig. By choice, though, really. And if I get them I doubt you'll be alone in heading there.

The one big complaint I have about the auction site is the selection. They just put a few guns up at a time, so if you don't want or need any of them, you just have to wait and hope they put one you do want or need up. Basically, you can't be too selective. I've already talked to a local shop and will for sure be trading the Remington for a lefty long-rifle.
                    "All that is, ever
                    Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

you do know that your out of state FFL transfer will be probably 150 bucks right? Its not just a 25-35 ffl fee, they charge you tax on it and other fees as well.

Comment

The one thing about the website k don't like is they say they can extend the bussing whenever they want and I've seen it. I think that parts bull.

Comment

Originally posted by urbancommando View Post
                          you do know that your out of state FFL transfer will be probably 150 bucks right? Its not just a 25-35 ffl fee, they charge you tax on it and other fees as well.
                          Maybe where you are that's the case. I checked. It's $50 for the first and $25 for each additional one at the shop I'm doing it at. We have no tax here.
                          "All that is, ever
                          Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Maybe where you are that's the case. I checked. It's $50 for the first and $25 for each additional one at the shop I'm doing it at. We have no tax here.
                            Same in my state.

Comment

oh whoops didnt realize you werent in CA, yea CA sucks when it comes to out of state transfers

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4838 users online. 138 members and 4700 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X