300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shield

Newest gem by Smith trying to also corner the Kahr market it looks like. I may grab one when they come out with their 40sw model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1pu0...ure=plpp_video
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Good Luck, they've been sold out since they came out

Comment

Those things are hotter than the new iPAD.......well almost. I shot the 9mm a couple of week ago. Kicked a little, not unexpected with a small frame like that. Comes with a safety which could be good or bad. Training to remember the safety if you use it would be recommended. For now I will stick with the compact M&P.
      My soul has been removed to make room for all this sarcasm

Comment

P.S.

It is my understanding that they are not even taking orders on this gun because they are so back-ordered. They guy that had the gun I shot got his through Cabelas.

Comment

Fwiw they are supposed to be offering a Leo version without a safety and lower pricing. Who knows when that will be though. The guy at my cabelas said they rarely ever make it to the shelf, they are snatched up by employees pretty fast.
          In Valor there is hope

Comment

So by "under $500", I assume they mean $499.99.

Looks pretty sweet.

Comment

I want one, bad. The wife is taking my P239 and am looking for something that will also work for BUG use and thinness is key. I'm undecided as to 40 or 9. Duty is 40 but with this small of a gun I'm wondering how bad the kick will be. Renting isn't an option. Decisions decisions.

Comment

9 was a little kicky but, not unmanageable. 40 would most likely be a little worse but, when the chips hit the ground I am sure that you would not care.

Comment

It looks like the law enforcement pricing for the Shield is going to be $335. Be interesting to see how long it takes sales to catch up so they can start shipping LE guns.
                  "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Shield

If it isn't .45acp, I do not want one. 9mm is famous for over penetration, plus it does not make a big enough hole. 40s&w caliber does not match the ballistics of .45acp. I know everyone has their own preference, this is mine. It does look like a nice gun, and I would buy one if it was offered in .45acp.
                    Last edited by Lynn731; 09-22-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn731 View Post
                      If it isn't .45acp, I do not want one. 9mm is famous for over penetration, plus it does not make a big enough hole. 40s&w caliber does not match the ballistics of .45acp. I know everyone has their own preference, this is mine. It does look like a nice gun, and I would buy one if it was offered in .45acp.
                      Handgun caliber certainly isn't irrelevant, but I feel like people put way too much stock in it. I train the most with a cheap polymer 9mm, and therefor hit the most effectively with that same cheap polymer 9mm. If you shoot the best with a .45, then by all means, carry that .45. Never underestimate the placebo effect either. If you're more confident, your actions and performance will reflect it.

A proficient operator with a .22lr revolver has very strong odds against an untrained user with a Wilson elite.

In the story below, an Officer put 14 .45 rounds into a gunman, who remained upright, and in the fight. Once the officer slowed down and thought about shot placement, he neutralized the threat with three to the head: "People don't die the way we think they do," Gramins says. "I had 17 rounds in the guy. That will teach you how critical shot placement is."

http://www.policemag.com/channel/pat...8-25-2008.aspx

Modern 9mm bullets have come a long way: http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_De..._FAQ/index.htm

Of course, these advancements also translate just as, if not more, effectively into the .45 rounds.

Now, after saying all that, I feel like I have to admit that I'm trying to track down a S&W 10mm (1006) as we speak.
                      Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 09-24-2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I heard that the LEO version was supposed to be released late October.... anybody know if it will be any different? (lack of external safety etc..)

Comment

Not sure. I know that the external safety is the primary reason for me not wanting it. If they delete the external safety, that gun is back on my radar.
                          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                          -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by alex001 View Post
                            I heard that the LEO version was supposed to be released late October.... anybody know if it will be any different? (lack of external safety etc..)
                            I heard lower price and no external safety on Leo model
                            In Valor there is hope

Comment

The external safety is only there is you choose to use it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7501 users online. 421 members and 7080 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X