300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you like to see...

I've been meaning to post this for a while. I was reading through the March 2003 issue of Guns and Ammo, namely the Guns of the year. I was very disappointed by what I saw. A lot of the winners were old guns in a different gauge/caliber or a "retro" issue of an old gun.
    Namely: 2002
    Gun of the Year: 870 Remington Wingmaster in 16 gauge
    This makes "gun of the year", the 870 has been around for decades, now since its in 16 gauge with no other mods this makes "gun of the year".
    Handgun of the Year: S&W Heritage Model 25-11. Basically the Heritage series is nothing but RE-Issued guns from the past or "classics" as they are termed.
    Rifle of the Year: Winchester 1895 in .405. Another re-issue or "retro".
    The next article in the mag was praising the "new" great design of the Springfield XD pistol. New, I think not, anybody else remember it as the HS2000. I do, and it was A LOT cheaper then too. This years "big" "new" gun. The SW 1911. Boy, there's something new.
    Is the industry at a stale mate,mental block, is their anything new left to invent? What would you like to see in a new pistol? I'm still thinking...

Howdy,

I'd like to see:

A single stack subcompact Glock in 9x19, .40, and 357SIG that is thinner and lighter than the G26/27/33, something around the weight of a polymer Kahr I think.

A single stack full and mid size Glock in .45ACP (not .45GAP).

A Beretta the size of the 85F Cheeta .380 chambered for 9x19, all the features the 85F has now, with the exception of being blowback.

A Kahr, both steel and polymer in .45ACP and 357SIG.

A polymer framed full-size Kahr with a double stack magazine for duty use, 9x19, .40, 357SIG, and .45ACP. The .45 should be full-size but single stack.

A carbine version of the HK UMP40 and UMP9.

The Glock carbine that we have been hearing about for years that will feed off pistol magazines.

For Kahr to make guns in .32ACP and .380ACP the size and weight of the Kel-Tec P32 and P3AT but with the quality and reliability of a Kahr.

That is pretty much all I can think of right now...
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them"-Felix

Comment

Here's what I'd like to see:

* A polymer-framed SINGLE stack 1911.

* An aluminum-framed Browning Hi-Power. Browning made one and one point in the late '60s, early '70s, but NOT for import to the USA.

* A 20 gauge COMBAT/LEO version of the Beretta 1201FP or Benelli Super90.

* a .45ACP version of the Beretta 92.

* A RETURN to the 'cocked and locked' variant of the Beretta 92......currently available ONLY on the $1500+ Bellinium.

* A DAO version of the Beretta 'Tomcat'.
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4104 users online. 254 members and 3850 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X