Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR15 barrel question.

Hey guys,

So last night I was cleaning my barrel with a bore snake and patches. I managed to take pic of my barrel, it looks super clean. Would the carbon build up around the barrels crown possibly effect accuracy?

I thought about using a Qtip, then decided against it as the fibers would get stuck. Its hard to get past the flash hider too.

6049350887318_ORIG.jpg
    Last edited by cactuscooler; 04-19-2012, 03:52 PM.

If it bothers you that much, hit it with some Slip 2000 Carbon cleaner and let it soak. I'd just leave it alone.

Comment

no chamber brush?
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

I want a gas piston kit, the AR15 by design ****z where it eats... Direct impingement works fine in Police and Civi applications, but only the military seems to have the most issues with FTF,FTE and etc.

Comment

Don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by cactuscooler View Post
            I want a gas piston kit, the AR15 by design ****z where it eats... Direct impingement works fine in Police and Civi applications, but only the military seems to have the most issues with FTF,FTE and etc.
            How big do you think the pile would be if you piled up the bodies of the KIA and WIA who went up against soldiers equipped with the m16 rifle ?? There were some issues early on that were fixed, otherwise it has been a VERY GOOD proven system. Current issues with fine sand getting into the works will not be resolved with a gas piston system.

I have not heard of ANY service issues with fouling of the system due to crud from firing the ammo with milspec ammo, even 1-2 times the "basic load" of ammo that is issued and the gun still keeps running. I have went 600 rounds and had them get a bit gritty....hose em out with any spray gun cleaner than leaves a little oil(even wd-40 in a pinch), and go back to blasting.
            Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2245 users online. 136 members and 2109 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X