Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new .308 !! (pics)

Hey guys,

Just wanted to show off my new "I love me" present that I picked up since I passed my test for E-7!

Had been wanting one of these for a while, and the timing just seemed right.

The M14 is a relativley heavy gun already, so I didnt want too much additional weight on there from larger, magnified optics. I picked up this Pride Fowler mini red-dot, and stuck it in a Larue LT624 quick disconnect mount that surrounds it in an aluminum "hood" like a mini-Eotech. This setup weighs in at 3 ounces!.

Very quick up-close, and easy to make hits out to 100 or so. Any need to stretch it farther, and I can flip the lever and switch to irons.

I added a Sadlak recoil spring guide (just for smoother cycling, the factory one worked fine).

I am still trying to figure out what sling to get....

Here she is...

--Tim

Very nice...I have wanted an M-14 for a long time. (You know, just to compliment my Garand)

You've got yourself a fine-looking rifle.

Comment

Fine very hard hitting rifles. I love them.
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I love the pics! But, switch out that EOTech HWS for a scope. .308 is for looooong distance, not CQB. I have a EOTech 556 on my Remington 870-tactical 12ga. For my Bushmaster M-4, I went with the Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T 1-3 x 14mm, sweeeeet!! I would love to buy a M-14, nice gun!

Comment

Originally posted by rick900 View Post
          I love the pics! But, switch out that EOTech HWS for a scope. .308 is for looooong distance, not CQB. I have a EOTech 556 on my Remington 870-tactical 12ga. For my Bushmaster M-4, I went with the Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T 1-3 x 14mm, sweeeeet!! I would love to buy a M-14, nice gun!
          Thats not an eotech.

Personally I'd go with an Aimpoint Micro w/ a 2moa dot. Should be easy to make hits out to 2-300yds. at 6ounces....and its probably one of the toughest optics out there.

Great looking rifle!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9138 users online. 364 members and 8774 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
          X