Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officer Safety RE: SERPA and One Hand Manipulations

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Officer Safety RE: SERPA and One Hand Manipulations

    If a SERPA works for you in your application, great. Just be aware of some limitations.





    -Stay safe
    Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

  • #2
    I've done support hand only training with my Serpas, and have been successfull. If your's shows a conflict you'd have to alter your process.

    I just tried, and I'd REALLY have to try to jam my XDm into the holster HARD for that to be an issue. It just won't go deep enough.

    Might be another "Glock vs. Serpa" issue to hear about for the next few months. Thanks a lot. I like mine and will continure to use it.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

    Douglas MacArthur

    Comment


    • #3
      The info above only addresses Glocks and M&Ps, so it's good to get feedback from another weapon. Thanks.

      I duplicated the claim with ease using a full size M&P and a Serpa in the gun drawer. Safariland 6360 for me though.
      Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nadler20 View Post
        The info above only addresses Glocks and M&Ps, so it's good to get feedback from another weapon. Thanks.

        I duplicated the claim with ease using a full size M&P and a Serpa in the gun drawer. Safariland 6360 for me though.
        I'm going to give it a try at work tomorrow with a USP, 229, 226 and 92fs if I get slow.
        Eat Meat, Build Mass!

        www.centralfloridaammo.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Great, another Serpa thread were a warning is givin and a fight starts. I don't put my Glock in my holster when I train drawing with my weak side hand. I put my gun in between my legs then grab it. When I thought Serpa was the bomb I near tried to put my Glock in holster wrong either. I read the warning you posted a few years ago and was shocked. I never did try it because I read it was a pain to get the GLock out. I think you had almot brake the holster apart. I heard they have fixed that in their newer models, I think. It is a good reminder for people who carry a Serpa.
          "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

          P.C. 832

          Glock and AR-15 Armor

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mrsaints75 View Post
            Great, another Serpa thread were a warning is givin and a fight starts. I don't put my Glock in my holster when I train drawing with my weak side hand. I put my gun in between my legs then grab it. When I thought Serpa was the bomb I near tried to put my Glock in holster wrong either. I read the warning you posted a few years ago and was shocked. I never did try it because I read it was a pain to get the GLock out. I think you had almot brake the holster apart. I heard they have fixed that in their newer models, I think. It is a good reminder for people who carry a Serpa.
            I don't think this is a blemish on the Serpa design, it is just something that needs to be avoided like you said. If you have a Serpa, don't put your Glock in the holster backwards. I could not replicate the malfunction with any Sig, a 92fs or a USP. I do believe Ken W. is correct in stating that this particular malfunction is a Serpa + Glock issue.
            Eat Meat, Build Mass!

            www.centralfloridaammo.com

            Comment


            • #7
              I wonder why, of all the makes of holsters out there, we keep seeing warnings and "issues" with the Serpa?
              "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
              John Stuart Mill

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mrsaints75 View Post
                Great, another Serpa thread were a warning is givin and a fight starts. I don't put my Glock in my holster when I train drawing with my weak side hand. I put my gun in between my legs then grab it. When I thought Serpa was the bomb I near tried to put my Glock in holster wrong either. I read the warning you posted a few years ago and was shocked. I never did try it because I read it was a pain to get the GLock out. I think you had almot brake the holster apart. I heard they have fixed that in their newer models, I think. It is a good reminder for people who carry a Serpa.
                No fights in this thread, brother. Just info sharing is all. And to be clear, this is not a SERPA bashing thread. I'm just letting folks know about an issue so they can begin to address it in training or gear selection.

                Thanks HTG for checking other models. So far it's just a Glock and M&P concern.
                Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nadler20 View Post
                  No fights in this thread, brother. Just info sharing is all. And to be clear, this is not a SERPA bashing thread. I'm just letting folks know about an issue so they can begin to address it in training or gear selection.

                  Thanks HTG for checking other models. So far it's just a Glock and M&P concern.
                  No problem. I would have checked for M&Ps, but we are out of M&P Serpas :-p
                  Eat Meat, Build Mass!

                  www.centralfloridaammo.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Anyone try this with IMI, Bianchi, other brands with a non-thumbbreak retention system?
                    Last edited by KenW.; 03-03-2012, 09:23 AM.
                    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

                    Douglas MacArthur

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by KenW. View Post
                      Anyone try this with IMI, Bianchi, other brands with a non-thumbbreak retention system?
                      I can't, because the only other retention holster that my boss ever orders are Galco thumb-break models, it's so dumb. I've been trying to get us to carry Safariland and Blade-Tech for almost two years now.
                      Eat Meat, Build Mass!

                      www.centralfloridaammo.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Tried it with Serpa III and Sig 2022 9mm..... Non issue.

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 2636 users online. 143 members and 2493 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X