300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Brother, Little Brother.....

Here are a couple of my latest builds just completed. I think I am pretty much done building rifles for myself in this platform unless if something really innovative comes out.

THE BIG BROTHER
    The .308 Noveske was based off of a stripped N6 lower and I have put 90 rounds through it with irons only. It has pulled groups in the 1-1.5 MOA range at 100 with irons, in very heavy wind. Wind at 100 wreaked more havoc on moving the target then affecting anything else. I just got the scope mount and have not fired the rifle yet to zero the scope.

Lower
    - Stripped Noveske N6 lower 7.62
    - Colt Lower Parts w/Armalite Bolt catch, Bolt release, front and rear take down pins
    - Geissele SDC trigger
    - LMT ambidextrous safety selector
    - Noveske QD end plate
    - Magpul MOE K grip
    - Magpul enhanced trigger guard
    - Vltor AR10 carbine tube
    - AR10 spec spring & Buffer (H3)
    - Vltor EMOD stock
    - Armalite M14 type newest generation mags (10, 20 and 25 rounders)

Upper
    - Noveske 18" SS heavy barrel upper
    - Noveske BCG
    - BCM / Vltor Gunfighter .308 charging handle
    - Noveske front and rear flip back up iron sights
    - Smith Vortex Flash Hider (I have a BattleComp for the .308 but not sure I want to run it)
    - American Defense S QD mount
    - Leupold Mark4 ER 4.5-14 30mm FFP M5
    - Harris Bipod with American Defense QD mount
    - BFG Vicker VCAS sling
    - Streamlight TLR1S light
    - Magpul ladder rail covers

Weight - As configured in the photo (dry weight, minus the mag) is 13lbs 6 ozs.

Little Brother
    This 5.56 rifle is based off of the new GenII Noveske stripped Flared Forged Lower (FFL). This rifle was built around a 3 gun competition rifle concept. Now I just gotta see if I can find the time to do some competition shooting. This rifle has yet to be fired.

Lower
    - Stripped Noveske GenII Flared Forged Lower (FFL) 5.56
    - Colt lower parts
    - Geissele S3G trigger (curved face)
    - LMT ambidextrous safety selector
    - Noveske QD end plate
    - Vltor A5 receiver extension kit
    - Vltor IMOD stock
    - Magpul MOE + rubberized grip
    - Magpul Batter Assist Device (BAD Lever)
    - DSG Arms FDE mags w/ Magpul ranger plates.

Upper
    - Noveske LW profile 16" SS midlength barrel
    - BattleComp 1.0 (clocked @ 1:30)
    - VTAC 13.0 Extreme Battle Rail
    - VTAC QD sling attachment
    - Noveske upper receiver
    - EOTech Extreme EXPS 3.0
    - Colt bolt carrier group
    - BCM / Vltor Gunfighter charging handle with modified PRI combat latch
    - LMT front and rear sights
    - Streamlight TLR1s
    - Blue Force Gear VCAS sling

Weight - As configured in the photo (dry weight, minus the mag) is 8lbs 8 ozs.

The two together
    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Very nice Surf. The FFL lower is interesting... is the trigger guard integral to the lower, or is that just an illusion?
    All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

I'm about to order a 13" VTAC for my new rifle build, sure does look nice.

You've got to find some time to shoot some 3-gun, you'd most likely have a blast.
      Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Surf....we need to talk now that you are done babysitting folks.......

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
          Very nice Surf. The FFL lower is interesting... is the trigger guard integral to the lower, or is that just an illusion?
          Yes it is integral.

Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
          I'm about to order a 13" VTAC for my new rifle build, sure does look nice.

You've got to find some time to shoot some 3-gun, you'd most likely have a blast.
          Rifle yes. Time = still trying to find some.

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
          Surf....we need to talk now that you are done babysitting folks.......
          Well we need to talk soon. We got a couple small digs coming in town soon and then I start babysitting 10 of our own new guys and a few outer agency / military fellas for 11 weeks starting the end of Feb.

Things just don't slow down sometimes. I think they are trying to get as much out of me before I get too old for this **** and move on to the private sector and real wealth! lol
          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

Originally posted by Surf View Post
            Well we need to talk soon.
            I'll give you a call......

Comment

Surf, Loving that Noveski lower...

Just started to piece together another rifle. Going with a 14.5 Mid-Length. Looking to add a battlecomp 1.5 to this one. You'll have to let me know how you like yours.

Would love to run that lower but not sure if I can justify the price...
              I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
              - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
                Surf, Loving that Noveski lower...

Just started to piece together another rifle. Going with a 14.5 Mid-Length. Looking to add a battlecomp 1.5 to this one. You'll have to let me know how you like yours.

Would love to run that lower but not sure if I can justify the price...
                I am rather disappointed in prices that most distributors are charging on the new GenII FFL because I actually know the price that they are getting them for. I will just say that I got mine for much less than what you see them going for.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

Here is some video and pics of the groups that I came up with. I only shot 3 groups of 5 rounds each for the N6 and the N4. The N6 I shot Federal GMM 168gr for all 3 groups. The N4 I ran 1 group of Federal 55gr, 1 group of Speer Gold Dot 64gr and 1 group of Hornady 75gr TAP. I am not making any claims of accuracy with only these few groups but the results were interesting especially with the N4. As Nick noted ironically I got the best group with the 55gr Federal. Again more testing is needed.

The 2 rifles in action for zero @100 yards - Skip to 18:10 in the video for target analysis.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khEh0XnmstQ

.308 N6 - First 3 groups for [email protected] - 168gr FGMM
                  First group .67"

Second group .54"

Third group .59"

Third group of 4 .30" - Too bad I couldn't keep that 5th round inside that 4 round grouping.

5.56 N4 Groups for zero @100 w/EOTech EXPS 3.0

Federal TRU 55gr

Speer Gold Dot 64gr

Hornady 75gr TAP

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

Surf, what was the barrel twist rate on your 5.56mm?

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
                      Surf, what was the barrel twist rate on your 5.56mm?
                      The Noveske SS 16" lightweight profile barrel is a 1/7 twist.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

i like the TLR-1 you put on the front, I have the same setup on my carbine.
                        In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

Originally posted by PROBY View Post
                          i like the TLR-1 you put on the front, I have the same setup on my carbine.
                          I like and use the TLR1s on a few rifles. They are a good economical option. I do believe that they are a suitable choice for duty applications, but the Surefire X300's are definitely my first choice, but they are double the cost.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

Just to update on the rifles. Both rifles are running like champs! The N6 has far exceeded my expectations but it is a bit on the heavy side with the heavy profile SS barrel but no doubt that plays into the accuracy. I have not yet installed the BattleComp on the N6 but I do have suspicions that the BC can affect accuracy, probably in lighter caliber rounds, so I am thinking about doing some accuracy testing soon.

As for the N4 it is also running great and I absolutely love this rifle! The lightweight feel of the rifle is awesome! I had thought about running a heavier stock like a UBR but really do not want any added weight. To be honest I can't feel much if any difference in this midlength gas system with a Vltor A5 set up over a standard carbine length set up. Never have been able to tell a difference and still can't and I am definitely one that notices small nuances that most do not. I am actually looking at swapping out the BC for a pure compensator to squeeze a bit more out of the rifle. Looking at going with an SJC Titan.

I have been getting a lot of requests for AK, shotgun and long range precision how to video's. I am doing another bolt rifle build and I might look into doing some long range how to vids as well as the AK and shotty.

In any event here is a couple videos of the N4 running.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5266 users online. 310 members and 4956 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X