300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FN Five-seveN pistol use

I was talking with some coworkers about the FN 5.7 and we were wondering if there are any agencies that use or are authorized to use the FN Five-seveN pistol as a duty weapon, so I thought I'd post here. In case some of you are not familiar with this pistol I've provided a link to FNH USA.

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/fi...003&gid=FNG001

Carl
    Last edited by cnix880; 01-12-2012, 12:26 AM.

My experience with it starts/ends with MW3

To be honest I haven't even heard of it until MW3 came out. 5.7mm handgun? Doesn't sound like enough for... anything really.

Comment

You may want to do a search on here. This topic has resulted in some pretty heated discussions.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
      8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

so jealous.... was at the range by my house and Flower Mound PD uses all FN 5.7 pistol, SCAR and whatever FN's semi-auto shotgun is. May want to try and contact them... Flower Mound, Tx
        In Valor there is hope

Comment

I did a search and didn't find anything relevant. All I was really wanting to know is if any agencies currently allow the Five-seveN to be carried as a duty weapon or if anyone uses it as a duty weapon. I guess should have been a little more specific in my original post.

SCSU74, that's interesting that an agency uses all FN, even the SCAR. Now that's one bad *ss PD, I'm jealous as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cnix880 View Post
            SCSU74, that's interesting that an agency uses all FN, even the SCAR. Now that's one bad *ss PD, I'm jealous as well.
            Ummm. OK.

I guess my next question is.....why do you care what agencies issue what? Are you attempting to base an employment decision based on a duty weapon? Or are you attempting to justify the purchase of a Five-Seven because "such and such" PD uses one?

I would HIGHLY suggest that you research the effectiveness of the round on something more than varmints.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Took me thirty seconds to find this:

http://forums.officer.com/showthread...-a-duty-weapon

Comment

We have done some testing with 5.7x28mm on Level IIIA armor and it went through it like nothing, kind of scary. The price of the round remains high because FN does not allow anyone else to load the it.

Unless Flower Mound had just recently changed, they were not issued these as far as I know...
                "When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun. When the law break in, how you gonna go? Shot down on the pavement, or waiting in death row." - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                  Ummm. OK.

I guess my next question is.....why do you care what agencies issue what? Are you attempting to base an employment decision based on a duty weapon? Or are you attempting to justify the purchase of a Five-Seven because "such and such" PD uses one?

I would HIGHLY suggest that you research the effectiveness of the round on something more than varmints.
                  Well Sir first off the link you provided was not even close to the question I was asking. I'm not asking if it is a viable duty weapon nor am I attempting to base an employment decision on it's use. Am I contemplating the purchase of the pistol, yes I am, but it will not be based on whether or not so and so uses it here or there it will be based on my own personal decision to spend MY hard earned cash on something that I want. All you have added Sir to this thread is criticism over a curiosity question that I was talking about at work with coworkers. All we were wanting to know is if any Police Department use or authorize it's use as a duty weapon nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Chazz View Post
                    We have done some testing with 5.7x28mm on Level IIIA armor and it went through it like nothing, kind of scary. The price of the round remains high because FN does not allow anyone else to load the it.

Unless Flower Mound had just recently changed, they were not issued these as far as I know...
                    Did you guys try it on any type of armor plates or just soft armor?

Comment

Originally posted by Chazz View Post

Sorry not issued, authorized. All the guys I spoke with at the range carried them...
                      In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by cnix880 View Post
                        Am I contemplating the purchase of the pistol, yes I am, but it will not be based on whether or not so and so uses it here or there it will be based on my own personal decision to spend MY hard earned cash on something that I want.........All we were wanting to know is if any Police Department use or authorize it's use as a duty weapon nothing else.
                        Ok. So are you one of those guys who thinks that if a PD uses it, it's good to go?

If not, they why do you care if a PD issues them?

There are plenty of departments out there that issue or approve crap handguns. It's a sad reality.

The thread I linked to discussed the merits of the pistol. THAT is what most folks who are looking at them want to know. NOT what department issues them. Offhand I don't know of any departments that issue that handgun. I was under the misguided impression that you actually wanted information about the system. Call it mis-reading between the lines if you want.

Carry on.

Comment

My local Sheriffs Dept has them issued to school resource officers and the bailiffs. Regular deputies get the Glock 22/23.

Comment

I hope no agency uses this crap round. Might as well use a .22.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19913

Comment

Originally posted by RSGSRT View Post
                              My experience with it starts/ends with MW3
                              Me too! The 5.7 round from what I have heard is pretty pricy and the gun is some where around $1,000. I cannot see a P.D. buyng anything like that or buying the ammo. I am not an FN fan. There gun turn me off for some reason. I have seen some reviews on Youtube the FNs and it is not something I would be interested in. The Scar does look cool though. That is the only FN I would want to try. MW3 kind of wasn't that good as the last two and using the FN 5.7 was lame IMO. All the guns out there they had to use that one, whatever. It would have been cooler it they used different handguns out there. If you can find a PD or SO that is using it, I would like to know. There is an agency with money lol
                              "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10881 users online. 366 members and 10515 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X