Looking for very lightweight holster for Ruger LCP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for very lightweight holster for Ruger LCP

I currently have a Crossbreed IWB holster for my LCP with laser. Love the holster but looking for an alternative for when I am not wearing a belt. For example, it's Sunday morning and I am running to the store to grab a newspaper, still wearing jogging pants. Anyone recommend a lightweight clip-on style holster that would be good for occasional use? I can cover it with a sweatshirt so it does not need to be inside the waist band. I don't like just sticking a gun in my pocket, although I know that's what many people do for a quick run. Thanks.

Litz

http://stellarrigs.com/gun_neckchain_rigs.html

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
      ^^^^^^ Too funny! Have never seen that before, although I did see a bra-holster so this shouldn't be a surprise! I especially like the one where the person's Kel-Tec is pointing directly up under their chin. What could go wrong? I guess I am looking for something more traditional

Comment

Originally posted by Litz View Post
        I currently have a Crossbreed IWB holster for my LCP with laser. Love the holster but looking for an alternative for when I am not wearing a belt. For example, it's Sunday morning and I am running to the store to grab a newspaper, still wearing jogging pants. Anyone recommend a lightweight clip-on style holster that would be good for occasional use? I can cover it with a sweatshirt so it does not need to be inside the waist band. I don't like just sticking a gun in my pocket, although I know that's what many people do for a quick run. Thanks.

Litz
        Maybe it's the Marine in me, but in my opinion, jogging pants are for... jogging. I don't go out in public unless I'm wearing actual clothing.

HOWEVER... if you insist (LOL) why don't you just get one of those cheap Uncle Mike's IWB holsters? I carry my S&W BG380 in one of these attached to my vest straps on duty, and it would work well for what you need.

Also, they're stupid cheap at like $7.

Comment

Originally posted by kf4vix82 View Post
          Maybe it's the Marine in me, but in my opinion, jogging pants are for... jogging. I don't go out in public unless I'm wearing actual clothing.

Also, they're stupid cheap at like $7.

Thanks for the tip, I have sort of dismissed Uncle Mikes for a while, but I can see a use for them in this type of situation. And nothing better than jogging pants to the local stop-n-rob for the morning paper... give it a try! Ha-ha!

Originally posted by Lawdawg45
          I used a Fobus paddle holster in those types of situations, worked fine.LD
          Thanks for the reply, I will take a look at the Fobus as well.

Update: It looks as though there isn't a Fobus paddle that will accommodate the LCP w/ Crimson Trace. I will search out some other paddle style holsters and see what I find. Thanks again.
          Last edited by Litz; 11-21-2011, 08:52 AM.

Comment

http://www.remoraholsters.com/

Perfect for such occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
              That's actually pretty cool! Personally, I just carry my LCP either in a pocket holster or an ankle rig.

I have to agree with Litz in that the one pointing at your face is probably a bad idea.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10370 users online. 396 members and 9974 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
              X