300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mossberg MMR

Going to be getting the Mossberg MMR (tactical, because we'd have to paint all the mags camo to match) when it comes out. Anyone have thoughts or opinions on it?

I usually treat new models of guns like new models of cars and don't buy them. They need to be around for a couple of years before the issues are worked out.

That being said, I have a Mossberg 835 12ga. and love it. I also have a Mossberg 500 20ga. used for hunter safety courses that is a brand new POS.

Comment

Mossberg- yet another company that is getting into ARs that has no business doing so...
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
      -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

All my friends that have Mossbergs love the quality and trust their life on it. I trust mine to a 500 12ga. I like that it always goes bang.
        Last edited by Taylor13; 09-29-2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
          All my friends that have Mossbergs love the quality and trust their life on it. I trust mine to a 500 12ga. I like that it always goes bang.
          There is a big difference between the quality of a Mossberg Shotgun and a Mossberg Rifle. I am betting the MMR is going to have similar issues. However I will hold my opinion until I get to play with one.

If you would trust your life to a Mossberg ATR, then you must not value it much......
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
          8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

I guess I'll find out when I get it. Hopefully I wont be overly disappointed and I wont regret asking for a TV instead of this.

Comment

just a question why did you pick the Mossy over other trusted manufacturers of the AR?

Comment

Thought it was going to be a cool new AR for a lower price. It isn't being considered anymore though, going back and looking at DelTon, Bushmaster and a few others. The AR isn't going to be a "life or death" personal defense gun. It's going to be for father and son fun at the range. Sure it'd be nice to know I can depend on it for life or death but it wouldn't be my go to.

Comment

Sure it'd be nice to know I can depend on it for life or death but it wouldn't be my go to.
                  I don't know much, but I do know that there are times that whatever is closest ends up being the "go to".

Even my M1 Garand sits with a clip at the ready.
                  "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Well with all the reliability of the Mossbergs being brought into question and the fact one day it could be depending on my life, we've decided for a few pennies more we can have something field proven and reliable.

Comment

i think thats a good choice.... i understand range guns have a purpose but to spend that much on a "range only" gun seems odd to me, save the pennies and buy something that is solid.

Comment

It just makes more sense now that we should have a solid platform for 50$ more.

Comment

Just so no one misunderstands me, I am all for trying out new firearms.

This Mossberg may be a 100% duty ready AR, but I don't know. Until proven, you have to go by the quality level of the other products in the manufacturers lineup. While the 500/590 are great shotguns, I have not seen much else from Mossberg that is at a "duty level" of quality.

Comment

Really warming up to the idea of the DTI/Del-Ton AR15. Local shop near me is giving me a good price with about 200 off. Bunch of accessories included.

Comment

Really warming up to the idea of the DTI/Del-Ton AR15. Local shop near me is giving me a good price with about 200 off. Bunch of accessories included.
                              Don't waste your money. If you need to, go read JWises AR thread or go get a Bravo Company AR. Daniel Defense is also great but stay over a mile away from Del-Ton.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8578 users online. 390 members and 8188 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X