Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard of Dynamic Research Technology (DRT) Bullets?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of Dynamic Research Technology (DRT) Bullets?

http://drtammo.com/technology.html

Has anyone ever heard of this ammunition or have any experience with it? I ready about it in a recent GUNS magazine and they were quite impressed.

Apparently it expands great on game animals and on solid objects it disintegrates, not doing any damage.

Perhaps it would also work well as a law enforcement round.

Corbon ammo just said they will be putting the DRT bullets in their hunting line of rifle and pistol ammo.

It will take many shots to go through vehicle glass, Sioux City officers has to use shotgun to put down a loose animal because frangible would not do anything but hurt the animal.

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news...d2a861e58.html

Comment

Seems like a gimmick round, like the Glaser safety slug.

I'll stick to my Speer Gold Dots

Comment

Haha I watched the videos of tests with ballistic gel and I wonder why they even put those videos on their site. Every one of their competitors (Winchester, Remington, Federal) had a noticeably larger wound cavity.

In situations where you want frangible ammunition, go for it. But it's still frangible ammunition and not the best all-around choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
          Seems like a gimmick round, like the Glaser safety slug.

I'll stick to my Speer Gold Dots
          +1. Nothing beats a well placed GDHP....except for maybe 2 well placed GDHP's.
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

But guys...
            DRTâ„¢ ammunition is currently in use by several Law Enforcement Agencies and Black Ops groups overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
              But guys...
              hhahahahahaha
              In Valor there is hope

Comment

1. Just because they sold (or gave) some to SpecOps does NOT mean it is being used. (This is a common ploy. A buddy said they got sent all kinds of stuff, some good, some junk. But all the ads said "Used by Real Operators".)
                2. I asked about the effect of consuming tungstun on humans, they sent me an evasive answer. I did not ask how a surgon would recover all the tungstan powder from a wound channel. This could have a negative PR aftereffect, if your shot stops the bad guy, but he/she/it suffers long term problems because of this substance. OH, I know, they should not have attacked you. But if they can prove in court that you selected this ammo knowing it would cause endless suffering, guess what a civil jury could decide?
                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                John Stuart Mill

Comment

The best thing about GUNS, or Guns & Ammo and whatever other non-biased (lol yeah right) firearms industry publication is that they are all full of garbage. They are not objective, nor do I ever see a bad review for anything in them. I trust them about as much as I trust Car & Driver.
                  Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Gimmick

I looked at the website and am convinced it's a gimmick.
                    The handgun ammo is light for caliber, .380 ACP is 85 grain, .40 S&W is 105 grain and 9x19 is 85 grain bullet weight. It depends on velocity and kinetic energy for incapacitation. I prefer some 'heft' to my missiles.

Here's what to watch: they advertise rifle ammunition for 'hunting'. See how many hunters buy the stuff.

And... note the acronym. "DRT". Oh, come now.

My colleague Sleuth covered the '... used by...' question. I will only add perhaps they would get more advertising mileage by paying movie makers to have movie heroes use their ammunition. Perhaps the next incarnation of Dirty Harry will carry DRT ammo in his .500 S&W.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
                      The best thing about GUNS, or Guns & Ammo and whatever other non-biased (lol yeah right) firearms industry publication is that they are all full of garbage. They are not objective, nor do I ever see a bad review for anything in them. I trust them about as much as I trust Car & Driver.
                      or playboy.

j/k
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post

Apparently it expands great on game animals and on solid objects it disintegrates, not doing any damage.
                        ]
                        I have heard that song 8,934,1084 times before. A new magic bullet comes out every year. 'Til it passes stringent established protocols. via third party testing by professionals in the field (e.g., Dr Roberts, et al), and passes those tests, gets a big yawn from me personally.

Brands that have been extensively tested and field tested by large PD/Feds, Speer, Winchester, Federal, etc, is what I'll stick to personally, until someone or group who knows far more then I do on the topic (who has no financial interests in the product) says otherwise.
                        Last edited by WillBrink; 07-31-2011, 10:56 AM.
                        - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

http://www.extremeshockusa.com/

lol. Check out this ammo. (and the pic on the front page)

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
                            http://www.extremeshockusa.com/

lol. Check out this ammo. (and the pic on the front page)
                            They have been around a long time.
                            - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
                              They have been around a long time.
                              Yes, but still a gimmick and I love how they got guys from around the office to play the "agents" in that pic.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3636 users online. 246 members and 3390 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X