Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Surefire 60 round mags. They seem good to go.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surefire 60 round mags. They seem good to go.

Here's some testing from a non-Surefire employee.

Seems like a solid mag. Anyone know where these are available for purchase right now? I've checked a few places online & they're telling me it's unavailable right now. Anyone?....Bueller?

Comment

http://www.surefire.com/HighCapacityMagazines

100 rd mags too?!?!? ridiculous. I may pick up one, but only 1 for 179.99

Comment

Originally posted by Teslaus View Post
        Seems like a solid mag. Anyone know where these are available for purchase right now? I've checked a few places online & they're telling me it's unavailable right now. Anyone?....Bueller?
        Not till later in the year from what I read, but Surefire is known for changing their schedules.

Comment

It looks like it's metal and not polymer. I'm worried about the lips bending.

I don't think I'd spend the money on a metal version.
          Be safe pulling back into the thread...
          http://infidelswithhonor.com/

Comment

Why do you feel the need?
            What event do you really expect that would require 60 rounds of continuous fire?
            "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
            John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
              What event do you really expect that would require 60 rounds of continuous fire?
              Pray for peace.............Plan for war!

Comment

Originally posted by ERT11 View Post
                Pray for peace.............Plan for war!
                Quoted for truth!

Comment

You never know, why not have it?

If a shooting situation, 20 rounds goes quick.... A person could easily dump 20-30 rounds in the direction of one target in a matter of a couple seconds. Leaving you having to reload if a second threat presents itself.

I would never complain about having too much ammo.

Comment

1. Have any of you been in a situation where 20-30 rounds was not enough?
                    2. Comments like Dingo's worry me - "...rounds in the direction of one target..." suggests a lot of rounds addressed 'to whom it may concern', producing lots of ""collateral damage", which could include innocents - like me!
                    3. Why stop at 60 rounds? They do make 100 and 150 round drums - or perhaps a belt fed. That's the ticket, switch your M4 for a M249 with a 200 round belt box!
                    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                    John Stuart Mill

Comment

1. The vast majority of cops have never been in a shooting. Those that have rarely needed than a few rounds. But yes, there have been times when dozens of rounds are fired and times where cops run out of ammo. Often at a barricaded target or a target in the distance. A recent video in Wisconsin they fire well over 20 rounds at a target. And how many times have cops been ambushed while approaching a house. A person actively firing at you from inside a building? Hmmm… you are probably going to want as many rounds as you can get.

2. Police are trained to identify what is behind their backstop. If I'm in a crowded grocery store parking lot, I'm going to be careful with what I put down range. If I'm in an alley with nothing but a brick wall behind the bad guy or an interstate where my backstop is a huge hill, I'm sending everything I got until I'm sure the treat is eliminated.

3. You are just making a silly argument. Then again… during the North Hollywood bank robbery, I bet the LAPD wished they had a couple SAWs. A 60 round magazine show in the original post looks fairly practical for carry and won't affect the handling or ergonomics of an AR-15. Again, it falls under why not.

Comment

Just watched a video from a Team where one of their guys got shot by a barricaded suspect inside a residence while he was on perimeter. (They came into assist a botched Fed arrest so I don't want to hear about tactics and cover) They were pinned down taking fire and dumped A TON of ammo at the suspect to get out of harms way. Was told guys in the fight ran out of ammo quickly and were calling for extra mags. No collateral damage either.

Sniper took bad guy out by way.

Comment

1. Have any of you been in a situation where 20-30 rounds was not enough?
                          2. Comments like Dingo's worry me - "...rounds in the direction of one target..." suggests a lot of rounds addressed 'to whom it may concern', producing lots of ""collateral damage", which could include innocents - like me!
                          3. Why stop at 60 rounds? They do make 100 and 150 round drums - or perhaps a belt fed. That's the ticket, switch your M4 for a M249 with a 200 round belt box!
                          And you're from Arizona?

Comment

So, ERT, after this team "dumped a TON of ammo" on the suspect, one round from a sniper solved the problem. Seems to make a great point about aimed fire.

Till, so I am from AZ, and worked where the nearest backup was 45 min, away (IF they could find me). I still never felt undergunned with a 30 round mag and a backup mag for my long gun. What difference does the state make?

If more is better, why object to 100 round drums or a belt fed gun? If you are preparing for war, then really do so!
                            This type of argument is called "reducto al absurdum" (sp?) - reducing your comments to the absurd. If you can't solve the problem with 30 rounds, why stop at 60? Perhaps because of your weapon/location/circumstances/skill level, you cannot solve the problem.
                            BTW, you can also reverse the argument, and say having only a single round will force you to solve the problem with that 1 round.
                            Last edited by Sleuth; 07-30-2011, 06:07 PM.
                            John Stuart Mill

Comment

I carry two 30 round p-mags attached to each other on my rifle...

I have pointed my rifle on duty, but never fired it at a suspect yet.

One 60 rounder is the same as two 30 rounders, except for fixing a FTF scenario.

Am I carrying too much ammo? I don't think so. I'm asked by other cops all the time where they can purchase my attachment...
                              Be safe pulling back into the thread...
                              http://infidelswithhonor.com/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4620 users online. 261 members and 4359 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X