300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Registration

This is something that I have recently started to think about. I purchased my duty gun (Glock Model 22) in January. After filling out all of the paperwork and whatnot, I did not get a copy of the form I signed. I didn't think about it then because I figured that the dealer should know what he is doing, and If I needed a copy, he would have given me one. For whatever reason, the other day, I realized that the form I signed was a carbon-copy type of form and was wondering if the dealer should have given me a copy of the form. Should the dealer have given me a copy? Is it a big deal?

Thanks
    Live with honor, and let not your death be born by the pallbearers of disgrace, cruelty, weakness, and fear.

What form? The 4473?
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

There is no federal gun "registration" of normal guns most of us use. There are some STATE gun registration systems. The federal 4473 form is not a carbon copy form. The only carbon copy form I have ever used as an FFL dealer is the multiple sales form used if you buy more than 1 handgun within 5 business days. In that case the buyer does not get a copy.

Bill
      Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

I don't know of any carbon copy type forms used for firearms sales. The form 4473 is multiple sheets side fold that asks you all the are you this or that questions but there is no copy system only originals.

Comment

Nope, you don't need a copy of any of the government paperwork.

Based on your other posts it looks like you are from MN where there is no mandatory handgun registration.

Comment

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
            Nope, you don't need a copy of any of the government paperwork.

Based on your other posts it looks like you are from MN where there is no mandatory handgun registration.
            I'm from WI. Thanks all for the replies. One less thing for me to worry about
            Live with honor, and let not your death be born by the pallbearers of disgrace, cruelty, weakness, and fear.

Comment

Whoops. Same result anyway, WI also doesn't have mandatory handgun registration.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5327 users online. 326 members and 5001 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X