X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG
    replied
    Originally posted by Zurita210 View Post
    Couldnt read because im not a member. But most of the guys are right, im a rookie when it comes to knowledge of ballistics, etc. I just ran my mouth too much and should had shut it long time ago. I have heard of plenty of things a 9mm can do. I was just talking rookie trash without knowledge and I apologize.
    Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.

I can show you examples of 22LR killing people and examples of 45ACP not killing the bad guy. You cannot use one instance and make a universal statement.

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    Originally posted by jwise View Post
    Why is Glock making us fight like this? They should have listened to me a LONG time ago and released the Tactical/Practical longslide .45acp. If they did, we wouldn't have to argue over a G35 v. a G21, we would all recognize the superiority of the new G21 Longslide!
    I haven't had the opportunity to hold a Model 21SF yet, but I've heard they're a big improvement over the original .45s. For me, the difference in grip circumference was enough that I quickly sold my original Model 21 and went with .40s (for uniform, plainclothes and back-up).

I've got pretty good sized hands and a single column magazine (in .45 ACP) fits great. For "high capacity" magazines though, my hands just don't fit right with anything over .40 S&W caliber. The one exception so far, seems to be the S&W M&P .45 ACP. A nice exception to the rule.

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    ...one Agent said he emptied his 9mm then changed to a backup .38. "I realized the .38 wasn't working and went back to the power of the 9mm." Huh? The power of the 9mm? It's no more powerful than the .38. Maybe a little faster, but generally a lighter bullet.

The Miami office authorized their Agents to carry .45s, shortly after the shootout.
    Thanks for the info! If we'd known this, officers across the country would have been getting rid of their obsolete 9mms, .40 S&Ws, .357 SIGs and everything else to get .45s!!! I know a guy that's ex-military and he tells me that just hitting a badguy in the hand with a .45 is certain to knock him down. Not only that, center body hits with .45s are almost certain to be lethal. (No worries about court!)

The only real problem with .45s is that most women just can't handle the recoil, since they (the guns) "kick like mules." I suppose this is just another example of why the experiment (women in police work) is bound to fail.

Leave a comment:

• Hitthegym
    replied
    Originally posted by reils49 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I like my G37....as long as I'm not paying for ammo. I just wish I had more rounds.
    That's what I hear from the Florida Highway Patrol guys... they all love their G37s but all complain that the department doesn't issue enough practice ammo.

Leave a comment:

• reils49
    replied
    Call me crazy, but I like my G37....as long as I'm not paying for ammo. I just wish I had more rounds.

Leave a comment:

• Indridcold
    replied
    Why is Glock making us fight like this? They should have listened to me a LONG time ago and released the Tactical/Practical longslide .45acp. If they did, we wouldn't have to argue over a G35 v. a G21, we would all recognize the superiority of the new G21 Longslide!
    I'd be on that like stink on a homeless person.

Leave a comment:

• Hitthegym
    replied
    That would be so badass.

Leave a comment:

• jwise
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dontknowwhy
    replied
    Originally posted by M1garand View Post
    It's not much different in LE field either. Cost of the product, cost of training, cost of maintaining, cost of supporting equipment are all considered into the decision making.
    Plus, some departments will look at cost of new duty gear. My old dept need new guns BAD. The training LT/ range master said we were going to stay with Glocks but we could voice out opinion on what caliber. Most of us voted for the G21/G21c, one or two voted G17, and the LT liked whatever model is .45 GAP. List went to the chief who said he would go with the majority and get the 21, but changed his mind after learning we would have to get new holsters and mag holders. In the end, we went with the gen4 version of our old gun, the G22.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    Originally posted by john.cassidy1 View Post
    What's the single biggest influence on an organization's choice of issue weapons? The Army always goes through testing but it always seems to come down to money. How does LE make this decision?
    It's not much different in LE field either. Cost of the product, cost of training, cost of maintaining, cost of supporting equipment are all considered into the decision making.

Leave a comment:

• Rush817
    replied
    Cost would be #1 then the ease ability to train officers. Last would be reliability. Even though Glock is an ugly it meets all three. The difference between the 22 and the 35 is just preference but I would never pick the 22 over the 35. jMHO

Leave a comment:

• john.cassidy1
    replied
    We issue the G22 to patrol
    What's the single biggest influence on an organization's choice of issue weapons? The Army always goes through testing but it always seems to come down to money. How does LE make this decision?

Leave a comment:

• Rush817
    replied
    I carry the G35 and I can drive tacks with it. We issue the G22 to patrol and there is no way I would carry the G22. The longer slide makes all the difference in the world. The G35 has less muzzle flip and a smoother trigger pull. The G35 is an overall sweet shooting gun.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    Jerry Dove shot one of the bad guys as he climbed out the passenger's side car window,. The round entered under his left arm and penetrated to his heart. He SHOT AND KILLED Grogan and Dove, and wounded a third FBI agent after taking this hit. It didn't even slow him down.
    In the FBI reenactment, one Agent said he emptied his 9mm then changed to a backup .38. "I realized the .38 wasn't working and went back to the power of the 9mm." Huh? The power of the 9mm? It's no more powerful than the .38. Maybe a little faster, but generally a lighter bullet.

The Miami office authorized their Agents to carry .45s, shortly after the shootout.

http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs7.htm
    So, that makes you a ballistic expert. wow....................

Leave a comment:

• Zurita210
    replied
    Originally posted by Indridcold View Post
    Couldnt read because im not a member. But most of the guys are right, im a rookie when it comes to knowledge of ballistics, etc. I just ran my mouth too much and should had shut it long time ago. I have heard of plenty of things a 9mm can do. I was just talking rookie trash without knowledge and I apologize.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4169 users online. 253 members and 3916 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X