300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 35

Anyone run the Glock 35 .40 as a duty gun. I'm thinking about switching to a 35 from a 22. Any thoughts, comments, opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Try the search button, there's a lot of Glock talk threads on here. You can also youtube it, there's a guy that does nothing but videos on all glock models.

Comment

There are quite number of agencies issuing G34/35 to their specialized units. Several years back, Glock magazine ran an article about the agency down in GA using G34 as their primary sidearm.

G35 should be a good gun if it is going to be use exclusively with your duty rig (not a good concealed carry gun IMO). Gives you extra distance between sights and longer barrel means you can increase accuracy. Also is a sweet gun to shoot.

Comment

Nothing better than the G21 combined with the G30!

Comment

Originally posted by Zurita210 View Post
          Nothing better than the G21 combined with the G30!
          Thats what i carry! The 35 is a great option, gives you a little longer barrel and sight radius, in turn better accuracy. Any other reasons why you were considering it?
          In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
            There are quite number of agencies issuing G34/35 to their specialized units. Several years back, Glock magazine ran an article about the agency down in GA using G34 as their primary sidearm.

G35 should be a good gun if it is going to be use exclusively with your duty rig (not a good concealed carry gun IMO). Gives you extra distance between sights and longer barrel means you can increase accuracy. Also is a sweet gun to shoot.
            I was actually looking into a Glock 34 with a grip reductiona and with Sevigny Carry sights (Front tritium, straight 8 tritium set up) on it for carry use. A glock 19 doesn't bother me with a good holster, and it isn't that much bigger.

With a NY-1/3.5# trigger setup it would have just about everything.

Long sight radius, trigger which has a positive reset, slim grip, capacity out the yin-yang and no recoil, crisp sights with a fast low light set up as well.

A plastic Browning Hi-Power, but lighter.

Then reality set in, and I need tires and a timing belt/water pump on a VW, so that project is on the back-burner.

Ah well...

Comment

Volusia County Sheriff's Office in central Florida carries Glock 35s with 3.5# triggers, magwells and night sights. Every deputy I've talked to from there absolutely loves their guns.
              Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

why oh why would you want a NY trigger, they are garbage
                In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                  why oh why would you want a NY trigger, they are garbage
                  NY1 trigger with 3.5lb disconnect gives about 5.5lb trigger pull, but extremely sweet and smooth release of the striker.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
                    NY1 trigger with 3.5lb disconnect gives about 5.5lb trigger pull, but extremely sweet and smooth release of the striker.
                    A Charlie Vanek drop in kit gives all of that except it's ~3lb instead of 5.5lb. If you don't want to spend that kind of money, a Ghost kit with the 3.5# rocket connector, a 4lb striker spring, extra power trigger spring and a lightened plunger spring makes around 3.5 and it's very crisp.
                    Eat Meat, Build Mass!

Comment

Do a bit of research (checking GunBroker.com, GunsAmerica, Glock?) and you might save a bit of money. A few years ago, when Glocks were approved by my department and I was shooting PPC, I learned I could buy a long slide "upper" for a lot less than an entirely new pistol. I already had a Model 22 Glock and easily switched to my long slide (Bomar sight equipped) upper for PPC competition, then back again for uniformed carry. Might be a good option for you too, if you'd like the shorter slide/barrel set up available for concealed carry.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                        Thats what i carry! The 35 is a great option, gives you a little longer barrel and sight radius, in turn better accuracy. Any other reasons why you were considering it?
                        I carried a 21/30 combo for awhile but had to shed that for my current dept. I like the idea of the longer sight radius and longer barrel and .40 is a little more affordable than .45 so I get can more trigger time.

Comment

@Indridcold, I was thinking the same, but didnt want to buy another pistol because of a shortage of money and also because you cant go wrong with a .45, one shot is all it takes. If you need 17 plus 1 then you need some training. Let me know if 9mm stops a guy on PCP.

Comment

@ with a .45, one shot is all it takes. If you need 17 plus 1 then you need some training. Let me know if 9mm stops a guy on PCP.
                            As much as I love .45 ACP cartridge and its ability, I have seen incidents where a single .45 ACP didn't do the job that you are talking about.

Yes, .45 ACP is more potent round than a 9mm, but it sure isn't a magic bullet that will stop everything with a single shot.

Comment

@Indridcold, I was thinking the same, but didnt want to buy another pistol because of a shortage of money and also because you cant go wrong with a .45, one shot is all it takes. If you need 17 plus 1 then you need some training. Let me know if 9mm stops a guy on PCP.
                              There is so much wrong with this post that it isn't even worth arguing.
                              Eat Meat, Build Mass!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3735 users online. 215 members and 3520 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X