Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j706
    replied
    Ramshot TAC is my 5.56 go to powder now. It is cheaper than most others and has some killer velocity's.

Leave a comment:

• Drum Roast
    replied
    All I could find was BL-C(2) and H4198 (as opposed to IMR4198). I had the BL-C(2) flowing consistently in less than 5 minutes. As long as it shoots well I think I'm done here. Thanks for the responses.

Leave a comment:

• David Hineline
    replied
    the Dillon drop works for volume, not precision. Those who want accurate drops on their Dillon press set up a Hornady powder drop system.

Leave a comment:

• Drum Roast
    replied
    Thanks, I'll give 748, H335, and IMR4198 a try.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    Winchester 748 was the choice of powder I used when I was into reloading 5.56mm/.223. I have friends reloading with varget powder, so let me ask them if they have any suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• Steve in PA
    replied
    I've reloaded probably close to 10k rounds of .223 the last few years and H335 is my powder of choice.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalSheriff
    replied
    Have you tried H335? While not a ball powder per se, I have had better results with it metering than Varget. I have also had good luck with IMR 4198.

Both powders meter well for my .223 loads in both my Hornady standard and my Redding 3BR.....

Leave a comment:

• Drum Roast
    started a topic Ball powders for .223

Ball powders for .223

I've about had it trying to get Varget to meter consistently through my 550. I used to be able to do it when dropping 43 grains for 7.62x54R, but its not working for lighter charges in .223. Anyone have recommendations for ball powder?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3761 users online. 218 members and 3543 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X