300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Glock?

My progression into the Glock pistol and one of the things that I noticed and that I feel allows me to shoot the Glock pistol with greater speed and accuracy of follow ups. I really find that my primary shooting hands position and slight cant of the wrist (working in similar theory to the 45* support hand cant) which the angle of the Glock places my primary hand is looking to be a reason why I am able to run the the Glock pistol well. I actually feel that this position gives me more support over a more traditional grip angle design that we here may be more used to. At least that is something that I am surmising anyway. And yes I am a traditional 1911 guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgKtVDRJuIA
    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

I, too, am a 1911 guy from way back. Resently switched duty pistols to the XD. Stay qualed on XD45c, XD9sc, XDm40 c.

If I couldn't carry my XDs I'd have to switch back to one of the 1911s; even though my agency would issue a Glock fotay.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I really appreciate your posts here, Surf. You are always a wealth of information.

I am at heart a SIG guy with several 229s, 226s, and a 220 match, still own a few Ruger plastic frames (P95/P97/LCP), and have had a couple of Glocks in the past. I certainly won't put them down, and have mentioned several times to a counterpart at an agency that issues Glocks "I guess if I started with Glocks 25 years ago, I'd be a Glock guy. I started with SIGs, so I became a SIG guy." Seriously, if I hadn't been issued a SIG and subsequently built a personal collection of what eventually included every classic frame they ever made (no, I don't have the 228 or 225s any more), I would most definitely have a Glock 17, 19, and 26 at the very least...and probably two or more of each. They are truly a good tool.

Glocks are good guns, and you have a lot more experience with such things than most of us here. Thanks for sharing.
      The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

I too wonder about non 1911 options. I don’t carry firearms for personal defense or work so my choice is a matter of taste, elitism, and personal fad.

Now, in preparation for retaking the academy certificate renewal course I was limited to using only a striker fire or double action sidearm. Already owning a Glock 22 I wanted something new.

So I rented about half a dozen different makes and models and concluded: Given policy restrictions Striker firing systems are dramatically superior trigger system over double action. If one can’t use a Single Action system then Strikers are the way to go. Of the three different strikers I tried my preference fell on the XD by a dramatic margin in my ability to shoot better with it relative to the others.

At some point I’ll tire of the 1911 and likely move to an XD platform for my competitive shooting.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
        - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Did Glockaphile hack Surf's account??
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
            I would think even worse than that because he's there on the video. So there might be some duress or brainwashing or mind control going on.

- Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

I've transitioned from 1911, Glock and then Sig Sauer.

Don't get me wrong. I love 1911s and Glocks, but I tend to do better with Sig Sauer with DAK trigger system for duty purpose.

I love Glocks for affordability, ease of maint., ease of control and most important of all, their support. I've been a Glock certified armorer for 3+ years and have attended Glock instructor workshop. What I really love about the Glock products is that these guns are more forgiving than others. I owned G-30 and currently own 19, 17 and 21. I love them all and I would get G-30, G36 and G26 in near future.

Why do I use Sig? Because whatever I did with Glock pistols, I do better with Sig Sauer guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                That's a blast from the past. Who was Glockophile finally revealed to be? I forgot.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Confirmed, dyed in the wool, Glock hater here......dont like the grip, the feel, or the trigger pull......but, I am more than sure that they are more than a few that say exactly the same about my beloved HK USP!....to each his own.

Not an issue for a duty weapon for me anyway....they are completely banned for use by my agency.
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                    my beloved HK USP!

Right there with ya, man!

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                      Confirmed, dyed in the wool, Glock hater here......dont like the grip, the feel, or the trigger pull......but, I am more than sure that they are more than a few that say exactly the same about my beloved HK USP!....to each his own.

Not an issue for a duty weapon for me anyway....they are completely banned for use by my agency.
                      Just curious, what is y'alls issued weapon/is your authorized carry list pretty long?
                      Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

This is why Glock

- Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Mmmmmmmm, ice cream.
                          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Broken barrel links suck. What gun is that barrel from?
                            Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Started out a Glock hater a year ago....

Gone over to the dark side, you won't catch me without my Glock 31 .357 Sig.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3369 users online. 223 members and 3146 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X