300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limbsaver - WOWW

Stuck it on my 500 a few weeks ago, after almost dying from not shooting it, I shot it yesterday. I put 00buck and regular walmart slugs through the gun, and after I put the gun down I didn't even feel like I had shot slugs, or anything for that matter. My normally bruised areas are totally fine and uh unbruised. For 40$ at Dicks Sporting Goods, or a few other places, it's definitely worth it. That Knoxx stock is junk. All it does it slip on to the regular buttpad of your 870/500 and it fits many more.

Me and my dad were just amazed at how great it felt to shoot.
    Last edited by Taylor13; 06-11-2011, 11:27 PM.

I have one on my TC Omega muzzle loader, which is a real handful when you start to really stoke it up, it really did make the gun a lot nicer to shoot.
    Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Limbsavers are for little boys and girlie man.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
        +1 M1... sure a shotgun "bites" a bit, but if you find the "sweet-spot" and tuck it in tight like you should, the bruising should be at a minimum. My concern is how ANY bolt-on effects how a weapon performs. Just sayin'...

Comment

Yep, tuck it in your shoulder right the first time.

Comment

If you say so. I'm still glad I put one on my Tikka Lightweight .300 magnum.
            "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
            But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
            "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
            We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Originally posted by codemanski View Post
              My concern is how ANY bolt-on effects how a weapon performs. Just sayin'...
              The Limbsaver is just a recoil pad. The only "performance" change is that the weapon is less punishing to shoot.
              "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
              But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
              "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
              We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
                If you say so. I'm still glad I put one on my Tikka Lightweight .300 magnum.
                Lightweight and .300 Magnum shouldn't be in the same phrase.... just saying.
                Originally posted by kontemplerande
                Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Pretty sure that Taylor is a young teenager.

IMO it will actually help. He can focus on a proper grip/stance now, rather than holding the gun improperly as he's worried about the recoil.

Comment

It's not only that but it's more fun to shoot instead of finding the sweet spot and all. I also didn't like that when I shot slugs my barrel jumped up a little no matter how hard I held it. I don't have that problem anymore and I can just keep racking instead of taking a second or two to be on target.

Oh I see Till still has a mancrush on me. He should know I'm taken by a girl out of his league.

Comment

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
                      Pretty sure that Taylor is a young teenager.

IMO it will actually help. He can focus on a proper grip/stance now, rather than holding the gun improperly as he's worried about the recoil.
                      No, he just need one KICK A** instructor like me for a half day at the range to solve the recoil issue. By the time I'm done with him at the range, he should have no problem shooting a shoulder mounted 105mm howitzer. j/k

Comment

Our shotguns at the academy have some kind of recoil pads on them. It does make a difference. Nonetheless, I don't enjoy shooting shotguns. Not sure why. I just never look forward to it the way I do pistol shooting. Hopefully, I'll get to go to rifle school someday.
                        "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

I never set out to prove it in any way, but always wondered if a limbsaver could cause an inconsistent point of impact if it did not compress the same way every time. How tight you hold a rifle on the bench can show a different poi.

it would actually be interesting to sight a heavy recoiling rifle in with a regular recoil pad, then put on the limb saver and see if it caused a shift in POI.

It makes a muzzle loader a little "weird" to load. You do not launch a 300 grain bullet to over 2000fps with no recoil ;-).

Bill
                          Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                            It's not only that but it's more fun to shoot instead of finding the sweet spot and all. I also didn't like that when I shot slugs my barrel jumped up a little no matter how hard I held it. I don't have that problem anymore and I can just keep racking instead of taking a second or two to be on target.

Oh I see Till still has a mancrush on me. He should know I'm taken by a girl out of his league.
                            Negative, just offering my opinion on an accessory for a firearm you're not even of legal age to purchase yet.
                            Last edited by Till; 06-02-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post
                              I have one on my TC Omega muzzle loader, which is a real handful when you start to really stoke it up, it really did make the gun a lot nicer to shoot.

What's the most you've stoked your TC Omega too?

I've put 3 50gr. pellets in mine and that is no problem.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5632 users online. 355 members and 5277 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X