300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Island 1911s

anyone know about their quality and reliability??? here is a link with good reviews, however Im sure they post what benefits the weapon and its sales. too good to be true???

http://www.1911pistols.com/item/6075...45ACP_8RD.aspx
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

They can be finicky on the hold open I know that much. I recommend nothing but Kimber mags to RIA owners when they are looking for a fit at my tables.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
    After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

Looks like I just found my first 1911. Thanks for the link!!
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

^^^ i think i did too, pending any feedback
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

Comment

ive been contemplating a 1911, (my first), purchase for some time since a buddy picked up a SW1911PD....but the $800 PLUS price tag has been a psych barrier...(always has been).....
          ive read several great reviews over the last few hours and none are negative so my mind is @ 90% made up...just looking for a more "personal" review, (like from one of you scallywags....jwise, im looking in your general direction )
          The Tick

sanitizer

Comment

The RIA is a solid low buck 1911 from a company with great customer service. I've had a couple, no troubles except crappy mags from the factory. Normally, if all you had to spend on a 1911 was $400 or so I'd say grab a RIA Tactical. However, if I was looking for best bang for the buck 1911 today I'd go to www.budspolicesupply.com and check out the ParaOrdnance GI Expert for $449. I'm not a huge Para fan but that's a hell of a deal for P.I. 1911 money.
            Last edited by WC145; 05-29-2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

i'll check that link out, thank you
              The Tick

sanitizer

Comment

SWEET! A 1911 that I don't have to sell a liver for!

Comment

Rock Island 1911s are made in the Philippines and are built at the same place as Armscorp 1911s.

Nothing fancy about the gun, but works well and tends to be a good buy in that price range.

Comment

When I get my first 1911, I'm going to run the crap out of it just like my HK USP.

I'd have to rent/borrow a Rock Island before I got sold on it.

Comment

I used to own one. I ended up selling it and getting a Glock...anywho....It was good for what it was. The only complaint I had was it had a hell of a time feeding a round. No matter what kind of mag I used..Kimber, Wilson Tactical it seemed like every other round would jam up. If your just looking for a plinker why not get a Taurus
                      http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/17285

I have heard they are ok guns, as long as it is not for duty use.
                      “Fear not the night.

Fear that which walks the night.

And I am that which walks the night.

But only evil need fear me…

and gentle souls sleep safe in their beds…

because I walk the night.”

Comment

I have one, gave me some trouble a while back. To me the mark of a company is in its customer service. I received great communication, prompt service, and the pistol came back completely refurbished and tuned up. It's run great ever since.
                        **Not a LEO**

Comment

I own one and its not a bad gun for just plinking. The only problem I had with the firearm was it wouldn't feel hollow points put that was solve with a lil polishing to the feed ramp

Comment

I just cant get past the whole 'made in the Philippines ' thing. I had a hard enough time getting myself over the Made in Croatia thing with XD's.
                            Stay safe out there

"Cancel that central, its a moose"

Comment

I have 2 that I use for duty weapons. The first is the 9MM tactical which comes standard with the extended beavertail safety, skeletonized trigger and hammer. I used Mec-Gar(sp?) magazines. I have had no issues with it. My agencies range masters tried it out and then tried buying it off me.

The second I have is the .45 Tactical. I have added a Caspian stainless steel slide, Novak sites, an oversized stainless steel bushing. I use Wilson combat magazines in the .45. This is my current carry gun and I love it. The best part is that I got with, parts and all, for $450.00.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3523 users online. 218 members and 3305 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X