300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Arms K40-GL *Glock Lower*

Anyone have any experience with one of these? I think the idea of carrying only 1 type of magazine and not fumbling through a bag looking for AR mags is a plus... Input?

I have used and own an Olympic arms product, but never have used K40-GL.

Looks like a good concept to utilize standard Glock magazines. Question is, would your department authorize you to use this rifle?

Comment

Funny you asked that. I am not certified to carry a patrol rifle but I do carry a shotgun. I talked to my range master about going to a rifle and he said I need to go through a class to be qualified to carry an M4/AR in .223 which is the only rifle caliber authorized by my department. We have alot of guys who have been wanting to take a rifle class but nothing has been put together. The range master said as an alternative he will allow me to carry the Olympic Arms chambered in .40 because it is the pistol cartridge. He said he likes the fact that it is shoulder mounted and because it is compatible with the glock mags so I already have his blessing, but I was just asking about the rifle itself before buying one.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueGuy View Post
        Anyone have any experience with one of these? I think the idea of carrying only 1 type of magazine and not fumbling through a bag looking for AR mags is a plus... Input?
        The big negative is you have a great big long PISTOL then.

If you need a rifle, it shouldn't be chambered for a pistol cartridge. If you need a pistol, then you don't want it to be as big as a rifle. There are very few circumstances where it is advantageous to have a pistol the size of a rifle.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
        8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

http://myweb.cableone.net/uziforme/r...lversglock.jpg

Need to steady your glock for a longer shot?

The pistol caliber rifles are fun, but one in .223 gas operated has more range, power, and less felt recoil than the 9mm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6191 users online. 343 members and 5848 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X