300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahr K40-Not going into battery

Anyone know why my lightly used Kahr K40 won't go into battery without sticking? I took it apart the other day for a routine cleaning and lube job and reassembled it. I loaded it like always, and then noticed that my slide was about 1/8'' out of battery. I cleared the weapon, let the slide go home again, same thing. I tapped the rear of the slide with my palm, and it went all the way forward. I loaded up, racked the action, and once again about 1/8" out of battery. What gives???
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Check your recoil spring. I know it is not a glock, but at a billion miles away without handling the weapon this would be my guess.

Last edited by 10-7Alpha; 05-26-2011, 09:27 AM.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
    After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

What you are describing does not sound like a slide lock spring issue, but only the recoil spring.

Comment

A bad recoil spring was my first though as well, but this gun doesnt even have 500 rounds through it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
          A bad recoil spring was my first though as well, but this gun doesnt even have 500 rounds through it yet.
          Springs can get bent, or you could have gotten a lemon in the springs department.

I almost need to replace my colt 1903 spring for the same reason. That spring is 100 years old though.

Warranty?

Comment

Dirt behind your extractor could increase the tension such that it can not hop over the extraction groove in the cartridge without some extra bump.

Most guns the cartridge from the magazine feeds vertical against the bolt face and slips behind the extractor but some guns feed in front of the extractor and requrie it to hop over the rim. I am not sure on your gun.

Comment

Originally posted by 10-7Alpha View Post
              Springs can get bent, or you could have gotten a lemon in the springs department.

I almost need to replace my colt 1903 spring for the same reason. That spring is 100 years old though.
              Warranty?
              100 years is a long time. As for the warranty, its only for new guns.

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
              Dirt behind your extractor could increase the tension such that it can not hop over the extraction groove in the cartridge without some extra bump.
              I'll check that out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4207 users online. 215 members and 3992 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X