300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack Type S initial video review

It's getting into the hotter times of the year here so I have been contemplating an option that allows me to still carry a full size combat handgun without sweating all over it every day. Enter the Maxpedition Versipack. This also gives me somewhere to stash all that extra crap we like to drag around.

This is just an initial review. I will have a full review up after I have had a chance to use the bag for a couple weeks.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Nice review. I have a Jumbo EDC that serves double duty as a carry bag, and occasionally as a diaper bag for my son. Even with bottle, diapers, wipes, and snacks, there is more than enough room for my P220, my water bottle, flashlight, multi-tool, sunglasses, etc. Great bag, and I can highly recommend it.

Check out the complete line of versipacks at Maxpedition.com
    "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

I have the fatboy version in khaki. I took with me on vacation and I was able to tote all of my cool guy stuff, gat, extra mag, cuffs, phone, wallet, camera, knife flashlight, ect, down to the beach no problem. Plenty of room, and despite what my fantastic wife says, NOT a murse, in shape form or fashion.

Perfect for short haul excursions, however the Jumbo would be better for daytripping and stuff like that. Makes an excellent bag to toss in the car for short trips to the Stop-and-Rob or Wally World.

Great review, BTW. Sorry if I stepped on your toes in any way.

Comment

No toe stepping interpreted.

I have been carrying it for a couple days, and I can say it's very easy to load it too heavy. I put all the crap I used to carry in my packpack into this thing and realized that I was carrying too much. I rarely carried the backpack with me, so I never noticed. I would carry it to the car and leave it in the car when I was running errands since my handgun was on my body. Now I begin the process of reducing my daily loadout.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
        8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

I live in a constant hot weather area. I have been carrying a purse for about 4 years.

The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

My friends stop laughing at my man purse when I tell them what's in it.

Comment

Eh, it's just a tacticool purse.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                No toe stepping interpreted.

I have been carrying it for a couple days, and I can say it's very easy to load it too heavy. I put all the crap I used to carry in my packpack into this thing and realized that I was carrying too much. I rarely carried the backpack with me, so I never noticed. I would carry it to the car and leave it in the car when I was running errands since my handgun was on my body. Now I begin the process of reducing my daily loadout.
                Yeah. That's why I went with the smaller size. It forces me to weed out the non-essentials, and stick to the must haves. Basically, Im taking what would have been in pockets or on my waist or ankle into one bag. Worked well on the beach and walking about St Agustine last week. Real well. Comfortable carry, unobtrusive, handy, and pretty well thought out. Bought it as a factory "second", although I was unable to find any issues with the color, stitching, or straps.

Very handy, still working on the presentatiion of my weapon, since I bought the S-Type, and am right handed, it requires a cross draw, something I am not comfortable with yet. I just cant seem to get over the mental "hitch" that prevents me from carrying stuff on my firing side.

Great vid, BTW.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4737 users online. 265 members and 4472 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X