300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Duty Mag holder

After reading the previous thread on carrying spare magazines off duty, and the more I thought about it, I am now looking for a concealment magazine holder and was wondering what kinds you use off duty? And also, what kind of belt attachment do they have? I was looking at the Blackhawk single mag holder and although I haven't actually tried one on, it seems like it wouldn't be the sturdiest with only the clip on attachment.

I would like to look at some Safariland models in person but I haven’t had the chance yet, and it is hard to go off of pictures online.

What would you recommend?
    "You don't got to be Stonewall Jackson to know you don't want to fight in a basement." Lt. Aldo Raine

I had a desantis single mag pouch, which is made out of leather. It is ok, but not as sturdy. I am now using Blackhawk single mag pouch, which works pretty well.

Comment

Blackhawk CQC

Comment

Check this guys stuff out - http://www.kytexgear.com/ - quality, price, and service are all terrific and he'll make you whatever you want. I have a mag pouch and flashlight holder from his stock gear on his website plus he made me an ASP holder, OC spray holder, and skeleton cuff case that all slip on/off your belt easy but hold securely while you're wearing them. Great to deal with as well.
        Last edited by WC145; 05-23-2011, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I use a Ready Tactical mag pouch for my spare mag for CCW and I use the same pouches for IDPA.

http://cpwsa.com/ready_tactical.htm
          Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

My favorite plainclothes magazine pouch is the snap-detachable model made by TT Gunleather. It rides very flat, is easy to take on and off and has a "pancake" shape that conceals well. They're available in single and double magazine versions.

http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/i48.html
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I was not thrilled with the attachment clip for the Blackhawk magazine pouch I got with my Serpa. It was a thin plastic clip.

The really like Galco products, like the Double Mag Carrier (DMC), the Double Mag Paddle (DMP), the magazine/cuff paddle carrier (MCP), and the magazine/flashlight paddle carrier (MCF). They have several other models, and I can highly recommend them. I have a Galco Scout IWB holster I've been using for close to 15 years.

Side view, Galco MFP
              "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3385 users online. 187 members and 3198 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X