300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sig 1911 TACOPS

I am an operator on our state SWAT team and we just ordered new Sig 1911 TACOPS for the team!! I'm pretty excited even though right now my ***** is in Iraq and I won't get to touch mine until the end of the year In the mean time, I am looking at holsters for off duty/duty carry. I am a plain clothes guy, so I never wear a uniform unless I am on a call out. We are getting new drop leg holsters for entry since they won't fit our current P226 holsters. We also are getting issued a leather holster for concealment so I went with a Don Hume H721 for times like court or training.

My question though is I am a polymer holster guy and I love Fobus holsters (currently have one for my P226 and P239). Does anyone have any suggestions to a good holster for the Sig 1911? I am looking on the Fobus website and the only thing I am seeing they have is for a Spingfield/Kimber. Will that fit the Sig 1911? Also, I see Sig has their own polymer style holster that doesn't look too bad but I am looking for options.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
    "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

In my experience Fobus holsters are crap, I one come apart dropping my gun, still in the holster, on the ground while wrestling with my kid. If they can't hold up to a 14y/o hanging on you how can you trust one for serious use?

Check out the Safariland ALS 6377 or 6378 (they're the same except the 6378 comes with a paddle and belt loop), I don't know if they make them for railed 1911's but I'd guess they do. The polymer body is pretty thick and holds up very well, they come in a few different finishes, they're suede lined, and the ALS lock is secure bt the holster is still very fast to draw from. Plus they're really reasonably priced. I got mine from Optics Planet, been using it for work and shooting matches for over a year now, and am very happy with it.

Comment

I believe that the Sig 1911's have a different slide design than the "standard" 1911 and won't work with a "standard" 1911 holster. Most of the bigger holster manufacturers make holsters specifically for the Sig 1911. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable than I will come along and point you in the right direction. I agree with the above poster in that Fobus holsters are crap.

Comment

If you want plastic, get a Blade-Tech, Fobus are garbage.

http://www.blade-tech.com/SRB-Sting-...ed-pr-939.html
        Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4705 users online. 283 members and 4422 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X