X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Vision Video

Just playing with some new gear.

Got to get the adapter to allow me to mount the -14 to my HDSLR
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

What generation is that?

Comment

Gen 3. Current military issue.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

A newbie night vision question: does it really require some element of ambient light in order to work? It can't be used in total, complete darkness?

Comment

Blackdog has all the cool toys.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
            A newbie night vision question: does it really require some element of ambient light in order to work? It can't be used in total, complete darkness?
            You need some ambient light, but not much.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
              There must me some light in the IR Spectrum. When using current generation night vision inside of buildings, caves, etc. you frequently have to use an IR illuminator. The illuminator is invisible to the human eye, but works like a flashlight for the night vision. Some devices like the AN/PVS-14 have a built in illuminator that you can turn on when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                There must me some light in the IR Spectrum. When using current generation night vision inside of buildings, caves, etc. you frequently have to use an IR illuminator. The illuminator is invisible to the human eye, but works like a flashlight for the night vision. Some devices like the AN/PVS-14 have a built in illuminator that you can turn on when necessary.
                Interesting, thanks

Comment

Cool video, where'd you get the music from? Immediate?
                  Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Nice! We really like ours!

I got to play with the DSNVG from ITT when the rep was here setting up our local SEAL unit. They are amazing if you get a chance to get your hands on one. Amazing as in "Predator" (the movie) amazing. Only better. No ****. Just damn spendy.
                    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Yeah, I lust after one of those. I have a feeling our tactical commander would string me up for even suggesting a T&E on one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
                        Cool video, where'd you get the music from? Immediate?
                        The music is from a company called "Video Copilot" and is sold for video production. They have some great scores and it's royalty free after you buy the package. http://www.videocopilot.net/products/proscores/

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                          The music is from a company called "Video Copilot" and is sold for video production. They have some great scores and it's royalty free after you buy the package. http://www.videocopilot.net/products/proscores/
                          The things you can do with digital music nowadays is truly incredible.
                          Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6636 users online. 357 members and 6279 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X