Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Night Vision Video

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Night Vision Video

    Just playing with some new gear.



    Got to get the adapter to allow me to mount the -14 to my HDSLR
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

  • #2
    What generation is that?

    Comment


    • #3
      Gen 3. Current military issue.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
      8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

      Comment


      • #4
        A newbie night vision question: does it really require some element of ambient light in order to work? It can't be used in total, complete darkness?

        Comment


        • #5
          Blackdog has all the cool toys.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Till View Post
            A newbie night vision question: does it really require some element of ambient light in order to work? It can't be used in total, complete darkness?
            You need some ambient light, but not much.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Till View Post
              A newbie night vision question: does it really require some element of ambient light in order to work? It can't be used in total, complete darkness?
              There must me some light in the IR Spectrum. When using current generation night vision inside of buildings, caves, etc. you frequently have to use an IR illuminator. The illuminator is invisible to the human eye, but works like a flashlight for the night vision. Some devices like the AN/PVS-14 have a built in illuminator that you can turn on when necessary.
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
              8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                There must me some light in the IR Spectrum. When using current generation night vision inside of buildings, caves, etc. you frequently have to use an IR illuminator. The illuminator is invisible to the human eye, but works like a flashlight for the night vision. Some devices like the AN/PVS-14 have a built in illuminator that you can turn on when necessary.
                Interesting, thanks

                Comment


                • #9
                  Cool video, where'd you get the music from? Immediate?
                  Eat Meat, Build Mass!

                  www.centralfloridaammo.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nice! We really like ours!

                    I got to play with the DSNVG from ITT when the rep was here setting up our local SEAL unit. They are amazing if you get a chance to get your hands on one. Amazing as in "Predator" (the movie) amazing. Only better. No ****. Just damn spendy.
                    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

                    Surfs Up on youtube!

                    Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah, I lust after one of those. I have a feeling our tactical commander would string me up for even suggesting a T&E on one.
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                      8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
                        Cool video, where'd you get the music from? Immediate?
                        The music is from a company called "Video Copilot" and is sold for video production. They have some great scores and it's royalty free after you buy the package. http://www.videocopilot.net/products/proscores/
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                        8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                          The music is from a company called "Video Copilot" and is sold for video production. They have some great scores and it's royalty free after you buy the package. http://www.videocopilot.net/products/proscores/
                          The things you can do with digital music nowadays is truly incredible.
                          Eat Meat, Build Mass!

                          www.centralfloridaammo.com

                          Comment


                          • #14




                            Comment

                            MR300x250 Tablet

                            Collapse

                            What's Going On

                            Collapse

                            There are currently 6636 users online. 357 members and 6279 guests.

                            Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                            Welcome Ad

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X