300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisin Nagant Revolver

Last week, I've ordered a Moisin Nagant revolver from J&G Sales (my way of supporting Arizona Economy) and it came in yesterday.

Condition looks like it's been reconditioned and came with a holster and cleaning kit.

Trigger pull feels like I'm using a heavy duty stapler gun even at a single action mode.

It is not a bad gun to have if you are interested in collecting vintage firearms. It is definitely not a gun to have if you are interested in doing target shooting with it.

I'll try to post up photos later on.

pics or it didnt happen!
    Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick1701 View Post
      pics or it didnt happen!
      Sorry, I'm damn freaking lazy these days. I'll get it posted at some point.

Comment

I had to google it because I didn't believe it at first either!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagant_M1895

Comment

Just because I feel like being over-technical, it is not a Mosin-Nagant. It's just Nagant. Sergei Mosin had NOTHING to do with that design.
          It's a cool pistol...unless you're the poor commie SOB trying to use it in combat.

Also, a tip: .32 S&W Long will work in it when you can't find the 7.62 Nagant ammo. There are also .32 ACP cylinders floating around if you get lucky.
          Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
          Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Murf,
            You are correct. It's official name is Nagant Model 1895 revolver.

7.62X38R is the caliber. So far, J&G sales got ammo, but bit pricy. Not a caliber that you can easily reload either.

Just like what Murf said, it can be converted to .32 ACP.

I didn't buy it to shoot it, but rather added into my collection. When J&G first introduced it, it was $89.99, but price has gone up to $99.99.

Comment

Been wanting one of those for awhile. I really need to order one (I still kick myself for not grabbing a Mak when they were still fairly cheap)

Congrats on your purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
                Been wanting one of those for awhile. I really need to order one (I still kick myself for not grabbing a Mak when they were still fairly cheap)

Congrats on your purchase.
                Thank you. Definitely pick it up as from what I've been told, supply will dry up soon.

Just like SVT38/40 rifles, when these guns were introduced, they were sold at around $150-200 range in about 10 years ago. Now, you can't even find them and when you do, these things go for $800+ range.

I wish I had C&R FFL so I can just order directly from suppliers.

Comment

Is yours a Czarist model, or a Commie model (with the big red star on the side)?

I have had one for years, but never fired it. It was a Viet Nam bringback, Commie version.
                  "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                  John Stuart Mill

Comment

Sleuth,

I believe it was a commie gun as I see markings of 1944 and a triangle with arrow inside of the triangle only.

There are other small markings that I can't really make out what it is. Either way, it seems to be a well made gun with crappy trigger pull.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2990 users online. 194 members and 2796 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X