Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like "loaded chamber indicators" on your pistols?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like "loaded chamber indicators" on your pistols?

Do you like a loaded chamber indicator on your pistol?

Cut-out loaded chamber indicator.

Standard loaded chamber indicator.

I really like it and wish all pistols had them, especially a cut-out one like above. I like that you can see the brass. Some pistol's loaded chamber indicators are hard to see such as my Sig P220's.

As you can see the difference between the two pics, the cut-out style is much easier to see if their is a round in the chamber.

Does anyone know of any reason why you wouldn't want one on your gun?

Last edited by HEDP; 05-18-2011, 03:21 PM.

I pay them no attention, I prefer the old fashioned brass-check way.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
      I pay them no attention, I prefer the old fashioned brass-check way.

I do that with my duty gun and it tears the rim of the round up.

Comment

My gun always has one in the chamber.
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
          My gun always has one in the chamber.

Doesn't matter to me, mine is always loaded too and stays in my locker at work, but I still check it everytime I work.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
            Doesn't matter to me, mine is always loaded too and stays in my locker at work, but I still check it everytime I work.

Whatever works for you....some people have their routines.

Do you have a weapon clearing station/ containment box or do you just do it in the locker room?
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

They are annoying.
              1) I don’t use them because as mentioned folks have different routines, and I would never dry fire on a gun that I thought was unloaded by trusting the indicator.
              2) They actually interfere with the operation of the gun. My academy gun was a Glock 22. the indicator is essentially the extractor poking out when it’s loaded.
              a. Then dry firing and drawing from the holster with an unloaded Glock 22 it operated fine.
              b. It took me a little while to figure out what the problem was when I was at the range qualifying or training because every time the gun got hung up on the draw and a little harder to re-holster. What was happening was the loaded chamber indicator was catching on the side of the holster. So I had to cut away a tiny part of it to accommodate the indicator while the gun was loaded and in the holster.

Question to everyone:
              Would you pull the trigger on a gun to dry fire using only the loaded chamber indicator as your means of validation?

Does visible brass via the indicator mean 100% that the gun is loaded with a live round?

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
              - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

My guns have these and I never, ever use them. I press-check ALL the time....before leaving the house, before leaving the locker room, after loading up when I'm done qualifying, etc.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Smurfette
                Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                Originally posted by DAL
                You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

I just assume all firearms I am given to handle are loaded and I promptly check them to insure that they are safe to handle.

So it is of little difference to me whether or not a gun has this feature.
                  This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

IMO, a loaded-chamber indicator is just a 'lazy' device designed for people who don't assume every gun they pick up is loaded and don't do a proper check procedure like a press-check.

Comment

Don't care whether the gun has one or not as I always phycially check for myself as loaded chamber indicator is just another device that can fail.

I've never relied on one nor cared for one.

Comment

Don't mind them, but are completely useless to me as I would never trust one to determine if the weapon is truly loaded

Comment

I seem to remember "all guns are alwayws loaded" being the first firearm rule I ever learned....that being said, my handguns are always loaded unless they're being cleaned, any doubt is easily solved by a chamber check....
                          "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Comment

My duty gun has one but I still press check/visually check the chamber regardless
                            Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

Yes, I do, but I don't rely on them if I can safely check the chamber visually.
                              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3963 users online. 214 members and 3749 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X