X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt revolvers

I recently acquired one of these.

A colt Peace keeper .357 mag.

Having some minor issues and figured I would ask some of the older (more refined) crowd for some input.

The extractor (11) is backing out of the bushing (12) when putting rounds down range.

http://www.coltparts.com/pt_peacekeeper.html

I was considering putting a drop of locktite blue on the threads and calling it a day....

Any downsides to this, or is this a common occurrence?

P.S. It is not my fault! I rescued this revolver from someone else and it had not seen any TLC since the mid 80's.
    Last edited by 10-7Alpha; 05-18-2011, 12:17 AM.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
    After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

I purchased a Smith & Wesson 500 a couple of months ago. Everyone should own at least one revolver. I like your pick. Good looking revolver. You're revolver is far more practical. My purchase was based on a good deal and pure fun when out on the range. Plus I do a little back country hiking from time to time when I get to go back home.

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me with a .357 S&W. If it backs out too far, you won't be able to open the cylinder. A little bit of loctite did the trick for me.

Comment

Yep, loctite and snug it down real firm, it screws into the ejector star. I've had the same issue with a S&W snubby or two.

BTW, love the gun, wanted one since I was an SP, they called us Peacekeepers back then. Yours looks to be in decent shape, what did you give for it?
        Last edited by WC145; 05-18-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Another vote for loctite....I compete with my revolvers and have 2 or three of them that had the same problem. A drop of blue loctite fixed the problem, quick and cheap
          Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
          --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Thank you all for the input, locktite blue it is.

Originally posted by WC145 View Post
            BTW, love the gun, wanted one since I was an SP, they called us Peacekeepers back then. Yours looks to be in decent shape, what did you give for it?
            I traded a S&W 659 for it.

The peacekeeper is an interesting model. Kind of a one off which had a limited run. I think I got the better end of the deal considering I did not like or shoot the S&W.
            Last edited by 10-7Alpha; 05-18-2011, 11:05 AM.
            The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
            After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5867 users online. 324 members and 5543 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X