300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walther P38

Cabelas is selling "excellent condition" German made Walther P38's for $360. Come with two magazines and holster. I love old army surplus guns but don't know if this is the right price point.

Anyone have one? What did you pay for it? Is it a good deal?

"I would suggest that when a person has a thought of doing anything serious against the law, that before they did, that they should go to a quiet place and think about it seriously."

William George Bonin - Executed in Calfornia Feb 23rd 1996

That's a post war version, not the ones that were manufactured during (or before) WWII.

Great gun to have it in collection. I have one that I'm eyeing on right now that were manufactured in 1940's.

Price is not that bad at all as that's the going price these days. J&G Sales has them up for sale in both post war P38 and P1.

Comment

Wait, I thought Lockheed made the P38.

Har, har………

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
      - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

They are cool guns, the proper term for the postwar guns is "P1/P38". Aimsurplus has them for 319 with one mag. I would pay attention to how many mags you get for a given price.

Mine would not work with rem umc fmj ammo....that ammo is too wimpy.

Bill
        Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

One caution with the P38 - the rear sight/slide cover is held on with a single pin. Years ago I fired one, and the pin broke - the entire assembly struck my glasses directly over my eye. Had I NOT worn glasses, I would have lost the eye.

NEVER fire a P-38 without eye protection!
          "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
          John Stuart Mill

Comment

I've been searching for a good WWII issued P-38 in the market, but gosh.... price has gone up on those war relics.

Too many guns to buy, lack of cash.............

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6285 users online. 352 members and 5933 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X