300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for truly small F/A for CCW

I'm sure you've all heard that the best firearm is the one that you have with you when you need it. I have a G26 that I carry as my on-duty backup, but the thing is just too bulky for me to comfortably carry concealed when off-duty. As a result, I often don't carry it.

I'd really appreciate recommendations on something smaller; basically as small as I can possibly go and still have a reliable, quality weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8r6CY5UZyw

Many people choose the mighty .380 in Keltec P3-AT, Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard size they are easily small enough to drop into a pocket. If 9mm is a must then something like the http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/

Comment

.22 derringer
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

F / A? Field Artillery?

I think the smallest is a 105 howitzer.

Unless you want a more portable piece then i would use a 60MM mortar.

Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Fully Automatic? O_o
          Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
          Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
            F / A? Field Artillery?

I think the smallest is a 105 howitzer.

Unless you want a more portable piece then i would use a 60MM mortar.

If you have a pack mule, you can transport 75mm howitzer. Since it is no longer standard issue to the U.S. Military, trying to get ammo for it is going to be bit hard.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
              If 9mm is a must then something like the http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/
              +1 on Rohrbaugh R9. I have one and I absolutely like mine.

Comment

I have a SigP239 subcompact .40 cal. unless you're looking at something like a Derringer.
                GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
                  If you have a pack mule, you can transport 75mm howitzer. Since it is no longer standard issue to the U.S. Military, trying to get ammo for it is going to be bit hard.
                  We used one in college for football games. They drilled it and welded in a pipe for a 10 gauge shotgun blank. Funny story that goes with that.
                  Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
                    We used one in college for football games. They drilled it and welded in a pipe for a 10 gauge shotgun blank. Funny story that goes with that.
                    I thought when you were in college, you guys used Napoleans Were you a Redleg?

Only time I saw 75mm PACK Howitzer was at a local VFW chapter.

Comment

Kel Tec PF9's are extremely small and still have 7+1 9mm which I would take over 6+1 380 anyday. I have heard alot of negative comments on Kel Tec's but I have had a P-11 and now have a PF-9 and have not had an issue. I do hear their customer service it right up there with Smith if you did have a problem.

Comment

I carry a Ruger LCP 380 with a clip attached to it and it has been great. I easily made my 25 yrd shot when I qualified with it. I can carry it, even when I wearing running shorts and tank top.
                        Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

If the Glock 26 is to big, I would recommend you check out the Ruger LCP and the Kahr PM9.

"A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Originally posted by Chomp View Post
                            I'm sure you've all heard that the best firearm is the one that you have with you when you need it. I have a G26 that I carry as my on-duty backup, but the thing is just too bulky for me to comfortably carry concealed when off-duty. As a result, I often don't carry it.

I'd really appreciate recommendations on something smaller; basically as small as I can possibly go and still have a reliable, quality weapon.
                            How do you dress that you can't hide a Glock 26? I think you need to look into better holsters and belts instead of different guns.

What have you used to try carrying a Glock 26?

What belt, holster, position of carry, clothing type...details...

Comment

Wow, that G26 really does have a fat a** now that you put up a comparison pic.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2644 users online. 141 members and 2503 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X