Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

want to "upgrade" my old girl- the mini 14 in my closet....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Thanks, M1- "just" looked it up over the 'net -lots a claims that it helps and is easy to install, just don't need accessorizing a gun that cost me a little over $400 when I bought it( can't see slapping on "bells and whistles" that cost more than the gun and don't make it do more than the manufacturer set it at) FWIW, The mini doesn't seem to have range, nore was it designed to reach "out" like say, the AR, but fired it late last year and it barely hit bulls eye better than the saiga rilfe I have- "another utility" gun.
    FWIW- have a Stag complete lower and a DPMS upper. Just like the Mini 14 cause it looks simple, can take it to local ranges, and don't have to be "concerned" about IA complaints for dragging an "assault weapon around" ( a now retired supv. actually wanted to jam me up for showing my "assault weapon" M-1 carbine at our dept range( she thought it was an AK)
    Last edited by DOAcop38; 05-12-2011, 10:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    Some people do say it does help a little, but I personally have not experienced it myself. There is a company out there that charges from $250 to $700 accurizing Mini14s. Mini 14 is a fun toy, but IMO trying to upgrade Mini-14 in accuracy is like getting an Oldsmobile station wagon to perform like a race car.
    You might be better off using the money to get a nice upper for your AR.

Leave a comment:

• want to "upgrade" my old girl- the mini 14 in my closet....

curious- got "a scared" in the mid' 90's and traded in my AR-15 to a local firearms dealer( got a mossberg shotgun and an 180 series mini 14 out of it) I currently have a AR lower, upper and parts, but i want to do something with the mini 14. Haven't shot it in awhile, but I routinely clean and oil it. with iron peep sight I can get a grouping of 3-4" @ 100 yds. Was told by a partner that there is a device called an accurizing strut that can be attached at home to the older mini to strengthen the barrel and make it a little moreaccurate. Asked a salesperson at Martin Rettings (Culver city,CA) about it, and when I said I wasn't interested in the gunsmith working on the gun, he wasn't too helpful.

does anyone have experience with this accessory? or is it just a gimmick device?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5780 users online. 322 members and 5458 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X