300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith and Wesson 5906

I own a Ruger p95 and want another 9mm. Money is a factor and I really would like an all metal gun, I think the 5906 is a good option or maybe the 5904 (But I really like the stainless look) are these decent guns?
    I Collect Patches ! ! !. Willing to trade PM if interested

My Happy Patch trading buddies: swepd, CUSECOP, adktreepolice,

S&W 952 5" if that much money isn't a factor (2k). Browning Hi Power is also all metal. S&W also makes a 9mm 1911 if you wanna go that route. I would look into a used 952 or new Browning.

Comment

Is it for duty use or off duty use?

5906 is a decent pistol (I believe this is the same model that NYPD uses) and if you get a chance, get a copy of SHotgun News and previously, there has been adds selling off used ones at around $350 range.

Also, Sig Sauer P226 is a good choice as well (I've been seeing some used ones at around $400 range).

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdawg45
        I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but since you want a boat anchor, have you looked at the Beretta 92?

LD45
        LMAO! 92FS/M9 is one of few guns I absolutely do not enjoy shooting.

Comment

The 5904/5906 are excellent guns. If you plan on carrying it then the 5906 weighs more. That can be a factor for all day carry. If you plan on getting it to shoot then you won't wear out a 5906. They're a tank.
          It's not likely you'll wear out a 5904 either. We were issued 5904s for several years and had very good service out of them. We had about 2200 in service at any given time. Our duty round was the W-W 115 +P+. We'd heard so many stories from "experts" that the 5904 wouldn't stand up to steady use of that round. One of our range officers decided to shoot his 5904 with +P+ until it quit just to see if the 5904 would hold up. At 50,000 rds he replaced the barrel as the rifling was getting pretty worn and accuracy was starting to fade. He replaced all springs. What he found was the 5904 lasted longer then he did. When he retired he had documented 80,000 rds thru the same 5904 and it was still going. Now put that many rds in perspective. 80,000 rds is 1600 boxes of ammo. Let's say you find a real deal on +P+ ammo for $25 a box. That would cost you $40,000 in ammo. So if you can afford $40,000 in ammo and if you really think you'll shoot 80,000 rds then it's just a few dollars more to replace the entire gun at that point. Few people shoot that many rds and even fewer still shoot that many rds of nothing but factory +P+.
          That's not to say all 5904s would go 80,000 rds but the one that did was randomly issued, an off the rack, nothing special gun. If a 5904 can take that kind of shooting then a 5906 would ease thru it too.
          183 FBINA

Comment

If you are dieing for a metal gun go for a 1911. You can get them in just about any caliber. If you are looking for a good duty gun and don't have to have a metal frame then go with the M&P's. I just went through an Armorer class and they are good guns. I have a M&P 40(full and compact). It is a good/accurate shooter.
            Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Not necessarily for duty use, I work detention and they don't weapons cert many people here although I am next on the list, I want to use my P95 for Duty but if the 5906 suits me I would use it.

I don't wanna buy a 1911 mostly due to wanting to stay with the 9mm and 1911's in 9 seem more expensive than need be, i would love to be able to get a beretta, but they tend to run out of my price range and also, for some reason I really like the nickel look as compared to blueing and a nickel beretta is extra pricey
              I Collect Patches ! ! !. Willing to trade PM if interested

My Happy Patch trading buddies: swepd, CUSECOP, adktreepolice,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6437 users online. 347 members and 6090 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X