300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 36

anyone checked out the Glock 36? Its a single stack in .45ACP.

CALIBER .45 AUTO
    SYSTEM Safe Action
    WEIGHT 570 g / 20.11 oz.
    LOADED (~) 765 g / 26.99 oz.
    LENGTH 172 mm / 6.77 in.
    HEIGHT 121 mm / 4.76 in.
    MAG. CAPACITY Standard: 6
    WIDTH 28.5 mm / 1.13 in.
    BARREL HEIGHT 32 mm / 1.26 in.
    TRIGGER PULL 2.5 kg / 5.5 lbs.
    TRIGGER TRAVEL 12.5 mm / 0.5 in.
    LINE OF SIGHT 157 mm / 6.18 in.
    BARREL LENGTH 96 mm / 3.78 in.
    BARREL RIFLING right hand, octagonal
    LENGTH OF TWIST 400 mm / 15.75 in.

If I were to add another Glock to my collection the G36 would be my next purchase. I'm not so concerned with magazine capacity anymore. I would much rather fire the biggest piece of lead that I can still control. I had the chance to buy a used one for $350 a couple of months ago but I didn't have the $350 at the moment. I guess that I'm trying to say that it's a good choice for carry.

Good luck!
    ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Does it feel a lot smaller than say a G21, which is my duty carry? I'm debating between a G26 or something single stack for OD / BUG

Comment

Yes, it's definitely slimmer than the G21. Only drawback is the fact that it doesn't accept the G21 magazines.

I really like mine, and have started carrying it as my BUG on-duty. My duty gun is an HK, so the mag compatability doesn't bother me. (The HK USP compacts are still big and dont have mag compatability with their big brothers, otherwise I would carry one of those as my BUG)

Oh, I also have a G26...I think I like the 36 a little better. Both are good guns.

Comment

meh i was debating between the 36 and 30...glad i chose the 30 i now have 15 rds of .45 (G21 mag, +2 extension, a & g mag spacer)
          In Valor there is hope

Comment

I have a 30, and wish that I had grabbed the 36. I find that the 30 is a little too bulky when I'm driving/sitting, and the grip is fatter than my duty weapon (37). Also, I can only load 9 rounds into my 10 round magazines. Having said that, both are good guns.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I would take the G36. I have played around with them pretty extensively, and it's a good option for a thinner carry pistol.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
              -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                I have a 30, and wish that I had grabbed the 36. I find that the 30 is a little too bulky when I'm driving/sitting, and the grip is fatter than my duty weapon (37). Also, I can only load 9 rounds into my 10 round magazines. Having said that, both are good guns.
                why only 9?
                In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                  why only 9?
                  The 10th round won't fit properly into the magazine and when you finally get it into the magazine, I have a hell of a time inserting the magazine into the weapon with the slide forward and locked.

Comment

The 10th round won't fit properly into the magazine and when you finally get it into the magazine, I have a hell of a time inserting the magazine into the weapon with the slide forward and locked.
                    True, you're exhausted after you get that mag in there. Like to the point where you pray you don't have any kind of confrontation.

Comment

I wish I still had my Glock 30. After fondling G36, I have much rather carry G36 over G30 due to thinner profile.

Comment

weird, never had that problem even with hollowpoints. The G21 mag i have in there now w/ +2 extension works great...1 in the hole and 14 in mag. have you tried using pearce extensions for the regular mag? i have those on all mine and 10 fit without any issues
                        In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdawg45
                          I think it boils down to hand size and comfort. I handled the 36, 30, and 27 about a week ago, and with my big hands the 30 was a perfect fit. It's funny how the .45 seems to have less recoil than the .40.

LD45
                          haha i was wondering if i was the only one that thought that
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by ABC144 View Post
                            If I were to add another Glock to my collection the G36 would be my next purchase. I'm not so concerned with magazine capacity anymore. I would much rather fire the biggest piece of lead that I can still control. I had the chance to buy a used one for $350 a couple of months ago but I didn't have the $350 at the moment. I guess that I'm trying to say that it's a good choice for carry.

Good luck!

You want the biggest piece of lead then look at the GI 50. Unfortunately the price and size are a drawback.
                            Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                              weird, never had that problem even with hollowpoints. The G21 mag i have in there now w/ +2 extension works great...1 in the hole and 14 in mag. have you tried using pearce extensions for the regular mag? i have those on all mine and 10 fit without any issues
                              No I haven't tried the grip extensions. I'm not all that concerned about it, half the time I'm carrying my snubby or Kahr, so 9+1 is alot more firepower than usual.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7081 users online. 364 members and 6717 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X